SES 3 103w question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

perkunas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
Ontario Canada
I have a 90cm dish motorized dish ses 3 AMC 1 (103.0w)
comes in but just. I Like to watch cozy tv
From what I understand its got a weird skew, so what do you guys do to fix it.
I even heard someplace that you can get a motorized LNB but I think that's just some ones fantasy.

You can re-skew for each time you want to watch, or put up a Fixed Dish just for 103.
Could also try placing a Second LNBF on you Dish and use DiSEqC 1.2 to position.

A "motorized" LNB is not that dreamy - you could get a servo controlled Feedhorn, but that opens up another can of worms.

Offset the LNBF skew about 10 degrees. This will significantly boost the NBC-S2 transponders on 103W without degrading performance on your other birds. You also might want to try using DiseqC 1.2 motor controls for 103W and tune on those 3 transponders. They often peak out a bit off center from the other stuff on the bird when using a small dish.

Thanks I like that idea of offset it 10 degrees (is that enough idk guess will find out though) It seems like the the LNBF doesn't seem to care much anyway, I can spin galaxy 19 round and round, without it doing anything.

I'm using a 75e with an sg2100 motor . I put just enough skew on the lnbf to get cozi. Even though this dish is on the small side I can still get most feeds that I try for including the pbs at 125 degrees.

From checking at the LNBF with a meter I've found around 10 degrees is the sweet spot. Much more will degrade performance on the other birds without substantially increasing 103W C/N.

103W is best received on a 1 meter or larger dish. Such a dish is two degree compliant, and will reject interference from adjacent satellites.

From what I understand its got a weird skew, so what do you guys do to fix it.

Wait for August! ;)

I'm using a fixed dish for 103W but probably will redeploy that dish to another slot when August arrives.

50/50
SES is trying to get the OK But, from what I've read, the satellite is also Ka or 'high band' Ku and Diwreked has that slot for that. So they need Diwreked and SES to 'sign' and abide by a non interfere agreement. Or SES prove, to the FCC, that the SES 3 satellite will impose no interference to the Diwreked signals.

Yep if they and Directv can ever come to an agreement it will be fired up, until then it will remain dark. It is there now and ready, no need to wait till August, IF they can get Directv to cooperate.

Being that the pizza signal is way more powerful, shouldn't it be SES getting protection from interference, or is the pizza signal grandfathered in?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SatelliteGuys

About a month ago the FCC allowed SES to turn on the Ku beacons on SES-3 to help NBC (and others) make the adjustments needed to transition from the wacky AMC-1 skew to a normal one. NBC estimated that it would need about six months to reconfigure all of its stations' downlink antennas. The August date was thrown around because NBC wanted the transition completed before the start of the 2014 NFL season. But then DirecTV got involved, and now nobody's saying anything about an expected date.

50/50
SES is trying to get the OK But, from what I've read, the satellite is also Ka or 'high band' Ku and Diwreked has that slot for that. So they need Diwreked and SES to 'sign' and abide by a non interfere agreement. Or SES prove, to the FCC, that the SES 3 satellite will impose no interference to the Diwreked signals.

Yes... God forbid that one of the all powerful Pizza Gods be interfered with! :rolleyes:

Being that the pizza signal is way more powerful, shouldn't it be SES getting protection from interference, or is the pizza signal grandfathered in? Sent from my SCH-I535 using SatelliteGuys
Pizza was authorized the location/frequencies first, so they have 'first say' if/for additional authorization(s) in the same slot with same frequencies. Basically - 'they own it' for the lifetime of the authorization. (Unless the FCC revokes it)

I seen somewhere in Canada a person had a motor setup with 2 KU LNB's and had the second LNB for 103W. The used a diseqc switch with a motor using diseqc 1.2 settings. If i can find more info i will find out more.

Yeah, aim the dish at 97 or 99, place second LNBF to get 103/skewed. Would be on the right side of the 'boresighted' LNBF when looking at the face of the dish. 22Khz or Diseqc switch between the two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)