How Much Snow You Got ( Southeast)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodder

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
Adairsville,Ga 30103
I know our northern members will find this thread funny. I live 60 miles north of Atlanta,Ga in Rydal,Ga I got 2.5 in yesterday then it froze over last night at 10 degrees :)

That's why he put SE in the title ... people where it snows often don't realize warmer regions don't have the infrastructure to handle snow in more than limited quantity's ... ;)

Correct the state cleans off the state roads but the county dose nothing.

Its understandable.... even places where they should be used to snow need help sometimes..
Toronto once called in the Army in 1999! :facepalm

3-5" here in the mountains....but it is already melting where the sun is hitting it. We are used to it here though. Just south of me in Atlanta though they are having a rough time.

We got 1-2" here in central Virginia but it's going to be short lived as there's not a cloud in the sky now and it's melting off the roads. High today is forecast to be 28* and with the sun shine it won't be around more than a day or two.

Back in March of 1987 we got two snows that were "killer" for our area. We got 15" then one week later we got another 17" on top of what was left laying around. At the time I had a 1986 4x4 Subaru wagon that WOULD NOT GO until about 3/4 days after it snowed.

I'd venture to guess that "normal" heavy snow fall for my area would be in the 6 to 10" range.

well not of snow but ice, about 1" maybe less i don't know, 1/2" maybe, here in Pensacola LOL

IMG_0946.jpg

I'm going to fire Ray from rays weather,he said a dusting here in the high country,we ended up with 4-5".:rant: It is funny to see places on the coast getting way more than us though,what sux is they sent 54 of our salt trucks east,the roads are a mess here this morning.

I give our county a big thumbs up. They do as good of a job as the state. When it snows they are very predictable when plowing our little county road.

It's melting here, but got probably an inch. Only one in my family stuck in the great Atlanta Traffic Panic was my dad, but fortunately his commute time was only doubled. I can't imagine those that had been trying for half a day or more just to drive what's normally a 30-60 minute commute.

In New Orleans, the rare occasion of any snow at all sends people out with cameras. Seriously.

This storm only dropped ice south of Lake Pontchartrain. North of the lake might have gotten a bit of snow mixed in.

About an inch and a half. It's melting and coming down at the same time. Sidewalk outside my brother's house is pure slush. This doesn't look good for tonight as it will probably all refreeze. Right now, an additional 5 inches of snow plus a third inch of ice is predicted on top of the refreeze. If that happens, the roads will be a solid sheet and the tree limbs will snap power lines all over the place. I'm getting cold just thinking about tomorrow.

about an inch here, but it is melting right now. Supposed to get more tonight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)