set points!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
I have my new 1.8 motorized dish set up and had a problem with set points getting forgotten.I'm using a geosatpro dsr200c with the gbox3000 and have set the e/w set points on the vbox since the geosat doesn't seem to have a way to do it from the receiver.What will cause the set points to go away other than pressing the 10 second clear limit on the gbox.Does the box remember set points if power is removed?.PS Has anyone had any problems with moving the dish with the gbox remote and finding the motor would run away and not stop!had to unplug box to stop it.This has happened a few times.

Last edited:
defective G-BOX V3000

Tried all can do to get this box to work!just got it also from sadoun.Motor runs wild at times and set points disapear.Also motor would switch between two stored locations randomly.Did a master reset but that did no good.Set Points get lost when the motor runs wild.Not the receiver!tried two and not remote because it does it with box buttons.Could it be the actuator?i dont really think so though.This motor has taken a beating but still working ok.Just my luck! and i was bagging some sats.

What I did was to make a chart and write down the steps between each sat on a piece of paper.
If the box needs a reset it is easy to put the locate points back.

Stanley, I might be repeating what you already know, so forgive me on that one.
On mine my south sat is 87west. Only one sat below that for me 72W. I went to 72w by moving the acuator with the Gbox til I found 72W. I pushed "store" on remote. The Gbox flashes and I entered"01" as my first sat. I guess you figured out how to name them so I'll skip that. Went to 87West and when I found it stored it as "02" on so on. Two thoughts here. One... when the power goes out I loose all settings if I remember correctly. Two if you're running it thru the receiver, with Disecq or Usals, try bypassing the receiver. I run my Gbox straight to the acuator. Haven't had any issues at all that way. With the silly Sathawk I run it to my 30" motorized Ku. Basically I use the Gbox only as a dish mover. If none of this works....I'm lost as you on it. Also I found the wires going in the back of the Gbox have to be in there real good. My wife moved the Gbox one day and I kept getting an error. I about went nuts until I pulled the wires out and re- inserted them. I ended up taking the Gbox outside and hooking a 3 foot piece of wire to it to test if it was moving the actuator. Hope something here helps....Blind

merged a couple threads together

please keep same subject issues in one topic...much easier to follow :)

merged a couple threads together

please keep same subject issues in one topic...much easier to follow :)

sorry ice!got carried away!Blind might of hit a nail on the problem im having with the vbox.I now have the receiver going directly to the LNB letting the g-box do the dish driving and storing the satellite positions.Its to early to tell if problems have gone away but have stored 3 satellites so far and motor has done its job and set points holding.

Stanley, Maybe you got it fixed? I didn't even try to run mine thru the receiver. I always try and figure out the easiest way lol. Yeah I think someone else touched on it too...When you're done write done the positions of each sat. Example my south bird is 87W that's "0" on the gbox. 89W is "18" etc...I think 135W is in the "700's" That way it's easier to program again if you have to. Gbox is pretty cool. I love looking out the window and watching that 8 foot dish move lol....Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)