Set to record HD over SD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JDFire

Original poster
Feb 12, 2010
Aurora
Hello All,

I am trying to decided on if I should go with DirecTV. They do not have a 30 day money back guarantee so I am unable to test the service before I commit. I have a question which I would like to have answered that may push me to go with DirecTV.

My question would be if I were to set a recording for a tv show. Is there an option that would allow me to set a preference on recording the show in HD over SD content. An example of this would be if say the simpons is showing on 2 channels 1 is HD and 1 is SD the recording would be set to perfer the HD version and then would record the HD version over the SD version.

Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Hello All,

I am trying to decided on if I should go with DirecTV. They do not have a 30 day money back guarantee so I am unable to test the service before I commit. I have a question which I would like to have answered that may push me to go with DirecTV.

My question would be if I were to set a recording for a tv show. Is there an option that would allow me to set a preference on recording the show in HD over SD content. An example of this would be if say the simpons is showing on 2 channels 1 is HD and 1 is SD the recording would be set to perfer the HD version and then would record the HD version over the SD version.

Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Well, since a channel is either hd or sd, by setting to record the hd channel, it will record only the hd version. Is that what you are asking?

Thank you for the quick reply. What I am asking is to setup the recording to record the show no matter what channel it is on. Then set a preference to record the HD version of that show if it is shown on 2 channels at the same time.

Thank you for the quick reply. What I am asking is to setup the recording to record the show no matter what channel it is on. Then set a preference to record the HD version of that show if it is shown on 2 channels at the same time.

Not that I am aware of. Just set to record the hd channel and you are good to go!

I was kinda hoping it would have this setting as the Tivo DVR does have this setting. With the Tivo you set to record shows and not channel as it will search all channels for that show and record them. If it has a show that is on 2 channels it will pick the HD version to record. That way I don't miss any shows as it will still record the SD version of no HD version is found.

I was kinda hoping it would have this setting as the Tivo DVR does have this setting. With the Tivo you set to record shows and not channel as it will search all channels for that show and record them. If it has a show that is on 2 channels it will pick the HD version to record. That way I don't miss any shows as it will still record the SD version of no HD version is found.

Maybe it does have that feature, but if it does, I don't use it.

Hello All,

I have all of my SD channels hidden(as an option in the menu), so when I go to record ANY program I tell it to find, it defaults to the HD channel that the show is on. Does this help?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)