Set Up - Directv DVR Receiver, DVD Recorder and TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dcooter

Original poster
May 22, 2006
I currenlty have a pretty simplistic setup with the DirectTV receiver and TV, I have 2 satellite inputs into the receiver and the coaxial cable going from the DirectTV receiver to the TV. I decided I wanted to start moving off some of the programs saved on the DIrectTV receiver drive to disc. I purchased a DVD Recorder. My question is would I only be able to record programs off the TV as I watch them?? Can I set up saving a program from the Directv Receiver to the DVD Recorder disk automatically? I have not found a way to do this - the way I integrated the DVD Recorder in with the new setup is I connected A/V cable from Output of the DVD recorder to Input of the TV (so I can watch DVDs) I then connected another A/V cable from the output of the Directv Receiver to the input of the DVD recorder. I guess another question would be is this the correct setup?

I appreciate any information or enlightenment on trying to get this setup accomplished - in the long run I was hoping to be able to save programs to DVD and setting this up either through the DVD Recorder setup or Directv receiver setup and not having to watch the program while it records.

Thank you very much! Kevin

Yes you will only be able to record programs off the TV as I watch them. You can use the sent to VCR function and get the menu added or just record it while it is playing on the TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)