Set-up help withGloryStar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dlaugh

Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
USA
Hello,

I am new at this but I am trying to get FTA channels on the Glorystar network. The GloryStar website advised the sat. is Galaxy 19 at 97W which I can get at 70% strength.
I do a scan with my receiver it do not find any channels.
My equipment is: Sonicview 360, DN Superdish,Ku DMX521 lnb and DN lnb (tried both and makes no difference), a DN DP34 Switch and a Disqc switch that came wih the receiver (tried both with and without the switchs and makes no difference).

Any ideas?

Thanks

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Have you been receiving programming from another satellite previously? If so, what satellite and channels? This will help determine if the receiver and LNBF is working properly.

Do not use and switches in line. Not sure what DN LNBF that you have, so best just to set that LNBF aside.

The DMX521 LNBF should work fine, Just be sure to set your receiver's LNB LO frequency to Standard - 10750. Select an active transponder frequency in the channel search screen. I suggest using Frequency 12152, Polarity Horizontal, Symbol Rate 20000 to locate the satellite.

Use the dish aiming calculator www.GeoSatFinder.com to set the dish to the approximate position for the Galaxy 19 satellite. Set the LNBF skew to the proper rotation for your area. Set the approximate dish elevation and locate a distant landmark that lines up with the compass (azimuth) reading.

Slowly sweep 10 - 15 degrees either side of the distant landmark while watching the Signal Quality meter. If no SQ is found, increase and decrease the dish elevation in one degree increments and SLOWLY pan the dish 10 - 15 degrees on either side of the compass reading.

Could provide better suggestions if your location is posted with City and State rather than USA.

Hello,

I am new at this but I am trying to get FTA channels on the Glorystar network. The GloryStar website advised the sat. is Galaxy 19 at 97W which I can get at 70% strength.
I do a scan with my receiver it do not find any channels.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.. !

It is important to note that most free-to-air receivers have a signal 'strength' meter and a signal 'quality' meter. It is the quality meter that is the most important. The signal strength meter normally just indicates that the receiver is connected to the LNB. The signal quality meter goes up when you actually lock on to the signal.

As Brian (SatelliteAV) mentioned, you will need to set the LNB frequency to standard 10750 for the DMX521 LNB and then try tune the receiver to Frequency 12152, Polarity Horizontal, Symbol Rate 20000 and move the dish slowy while watching for the quality meter to increase.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)