set up sonicview 8000HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hans

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
Hi
I have a 6' mesh dish with an actuator arm being run by General Instrument super 350i receiver. I am using a DMSI BSC 621-2 LNBF connected to the Sonicview 8000HD & on the IF out I am going to the General Instrument super 350i for signal.
Can someone help me to set the satellites on the Sonicview 8000HD. The present satellite data base doesn't seem to help me at the moment.
I thought if I chose a satellite on the sonicview menu and turned my dish with the other receiver very slowly, I should be able to get to that satellite but it doesn't seem to work.
Could somebody give me intructions on how to find them. Also, how do I install a new satellite list and how to install satellites as I find them.

hans

Are you sure your dish is tracking the satellites properly? If so, I'd say start at one end of the arc, and tell the 350 to go to that satellite, then setup this sat in your DVB receiver, run a blind-scan and see if you get anything. Oops. being an HD box, it may not have blind scan...makes it tougher. If no blind-scan, I'd list the transponders manually for whatever satellite you're setting up (you can get the frequencies from lyngsat) and then try the transponder scan, or auto-scan, whatever that receiver calls a search by transponder.
May be a slow process until you get used to it, maybe somebody here who already has a
channel list can speak up and send you a copy to load to your rec.

Are you sure your dish is tracking the satellites properly? If so, I'd say start at one end of the arc, and tell the 350 to go to that satellite, then setup this sat in your DVB receiver, run a blind-scan and see if you get anything. Oops. being an HD box, it may not have blind scan...makes it tougher.

The Sonicview 8000HD's do have blind scan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts