Setting DVR to record 1 channel all night?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I love my DVR but havent been able to figure out how to record 1 channel for say 8 hour time frame.This is what I miss about VCR feature,does anyone know if its possible to set DVR to record this way.I find it annoying having to set and record every show for 8 hour period of time because you cant watch straight thru ,you have to go to next recording etc,etc.
I work nights and like to watch overnight programming for example from TV land or Nick at Night ,but tired of watching 1 show and having to go over to next recording and start,would like it just to play thru for the whole time I set it for.I know strange question,but would be helpful if I knew away of doing this on my DVR.

Push your DVR button 3 times > Timers > Manual Timer
Wouldn't that work?

Last edited:
Try selecting the first program. Then go back into the timers and change the stop time to be 8 hours later. Then it should show the timer mark on all the shows that fall under that time frame. You may also want to try this why you are home just to make sure it dose it. And dont be surprised if it drops the ball. I did it this past Christmas with a shows marathon showing and it only recorded the first one and stop after that. But it has worked other times for me.

I have to do this on some shows cause they usually run over then you might miss something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts