Setting post with concrete

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wholeshoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
All

I will be setting a post in concrete for a 6' dish (4.5" post). I have all of the foundation plans but am wondering what you guys would use to hole the post plumb while the concrete is being poured?

Wholeshoe

HERE IS THE DIY GUIDE

1. a friend
2. a "teepee" support

That post should be in the ground about 3', so maybe a 7' or 8' post @ 4.5" OD/SCHED40 !

You need to use fast setting, high-load or high-tinsel quikrete with a brace at the bottom of the post in the concrete to prevent spin.

Do you mean weld a fin onto the pipe? (if we welded a finn on the the pipe he wouldn't be to happy about it)

Pictures of what someone has used would be great.

Wholeshoe

What ever you do don't mix your cement too wet. The directions in the URL by PSB is good. Mix it fairly dry and you really won't need to support it much. The biggest mistake a newbie to cement could make is mixing it too wet. As long as you can work it it its perfect and will dry much stronger. A wet mix ends up being weak. When mixed right, you will not need any supports around the pole to keep it plumb, it will stand up on it's own.

Be sure to place a concrete house block, solid side facing up, in the bottom of the hole to support the weight of the dish and keep it from sinking. 21 years and mine has not sank an inch. :) :)

Diamond Jim said:
Be sure to place a concrete house block, solid side facing up, in the bottom of the hole to support the weight of the dish and keep it from sinking. 21 years and mine has not sank an inch. :) :)

Excellent advise I had forgotten!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Adjust scalar ring (large dish) to improve quality!

Idea: FTA Booth at the Mall?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts