Setting up a SEEK type timer

Drchaos48

Original poster
Sep 5, 2020
Pittsview, Alabama. 36871
Ok. There is a show coming on dish October 3. Its Sept 5 today, so the guide doesnt go that far. I use to be able on my hopper 3 to set a timer that would constantly look for the show till it comes on - 1 month or 5 years - it didnt matter. No, i cant find that feature. Its a movie so not looking for reoccurring show. Any help is welcome

Bobby, I tried that once and failed. I wonder the seeker feature tries to record from VOD when Dish is not connected to Iinternet. just a thought.

When you put the title name in the search box did that title come up at all? If not you can't do that seek. Sometimes you have to get closer to the air date for the title to fill. What is the movie title you are trying to save?

Do a search for that movie title. If it comes up you will get an opportunity to set a recording by pressing Record When Available. This sets up a seek timer.
Thanks bobby, but like i said, its beyond the guide so it doesnt show up in search. When i use to do it, when it came up with nothing is when i use to get the seek and record option. Just had to be absolute about the title. I had like 5 from several years ago. The 4th just recorded last month and there is still one looking.

This was one of the great features dish had. I hope they havent removed it and where ever they hide it, they put it back in the search feature..

Ok. There is a show coming on dish October 3. Its Sept 5 today, so the guide doesnt go that far. I use to be able on my hopper 3 to set a timer that would constantly look for the show till it comes on - 1 month or 5 years - it didnt matter. No, i cant find that feature. Its a movie so not looking for reoccurring show. Any help is welcome
Why don't you just go out and buy post it notes and put it on your TV so you don't forget it and the program comes up within a week of showing.

• Haha
Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts