Setting up DirecTV World dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

point_man

Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
I need some help guys...I am trying to set up my DTV36EDS to get IA 5 satellite, specifically VTV4 using the orginal 95 lnb. I hook it straight to my Viewsat platinum receiver. However, I got great signal up to 85 but no quality at all. What did I do wrong?

My location is san antonio, TX 78251
EL 55.7 AZ 176.9 Skew is -2.7 but I am not sure how to set the skew

I set my receiver as followed:
LNB Type: Universal
LNB Hi: 9750
LNB Lo: 10600
TP Freq.: 11966

Thanks in advance!!!
P.S. is this the right LNB????

Make sure you are on the linear LNB. (small one) Then set you receiver for a standard LNB L.O. of 10750.

Skew screws/settings for the dish are on the back portion of the reflector. Let me know how well you do with this one.

The skew that I get from dishcalculator is -2.7. But in the back of my reflector doesn't have that number. I think 90 is center. :(

If 90 is the center mark, then twist just a little, like 87, sounds like that sat is near your true south satellite.

Hi

You didn't specify the make and model of the LNBF?

If it is a universal LNBF, then the LO Freq you posted are correct. Make sure 22KHz tone is ON or Auto.

If it is a Standard, then set the LO Freq to 10750. 22KHz tone is OFF

Also try another transponder.

His LNB is the "orginal 95 lnb from the DTV36EDS".

Also your infromation is:

Zip Code: 78251
Latitude: 29.5°N
Longitude: 98.7°W
State: Texas
City: San Antonio
Magnetic Declination: -5.3°E
True South: 99.0°W Galaxy 16 C/Ku

Make sure you are on the linear LNB. (small one) Then set you receiver for a standard LNB L.O. of 10750.

Skew screws/settings for the dish are on the back portion of the reflector. Let me know how well you do with this one.

I tried your suggestion and set the skew but it didnt work neither. Any thought?

Did you try blind-scanning the satellite to see if anything at all comes in?
edit to add : I just tried that channel here, still there and getting about 75% signal/73quality
on a 1m dish.

Did you try blind-scanning the satellite to see if anything at all comes in?
edit to add : I just tried that channel here, still there and getting about 75% signal/73quality
on a 1m dish.

I have a Viewsat Platinum. There is not blindscan feature on it :(

Another question, will this dish DTV36EDS be big enough to catch IA5 since it is elliptical, not 36" round ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts