Setting up my VIP722 with dishproplus 1000.4

The 625 does not work with the HD transponders on 129 so unless you have a meter to point the larger dish you may want to wait for the 722. The 625 will allow you to point 110 and 119, so you can get the dish mounted, but you'd have to wait for the 722 to finish should you get the dish first. With a DPP lnb (which most dish 1000 should have by now, one coax run with DPP separator will feed a dual tuner receiver. Just make sure you have the one for the 625 and you get one with the 722. They do come with the receivers, but person you are getting it from may not send it with the receiver.

Damn! Meant to say nice Allen!!!! If I had to rig it, the way I am, I'd definitly screw it up! Love to try it but rather try getting the feed arm too with bracket or a whole damn new 1000 dish

Gotcha Gary. I planned on waiting to have the 722 in and then hook the dish to it and use the sig strength to aim better. If I mess with the 625 I have now and put up the new dish, I'd be sol with no tv until my 722 comes in. Good point, I am waiting to hook it all up when I have everything. Lol.

I think that the 625 can still check the signal strength of 129. It just won't be able to pick up any of the MPEG4 feeds. It can still get PI channels on 129 though.

Yes, the 625 can see those, but fine tuning the receiver for HD can't be. If all the signal strengths would be the same, it would be great. But a lot of people get peeved when the channel they want to watch falls out faster than others. The dish can be pointed, but would still need to be fine tuned when the HD receiver is available. It is better to point using the right equipment.

Thanks Gary for the info. Thing is, I'm just gonna have a tech come out for 65.00. The rep said he will give me whatever I need to get the hd's and said he'll throw up a hd dish for no extra charge. Would rather just pay the couple extra bucks and get it done right.

Yes, the 625 can see those, but fine tuning the receiver for HD can't be. If all the signal strengths would be the same, it would be great. But a lot of people get peeved when the channel they want to watch falls out faster than others. The dish can be pointed, but would still need to be fine tuned when the HD receiver is available. It is better to point using the right equipment.

I'm not so sure that that is true. The 625 can still tune into 129 TPs 19,20,29,30 and get the appropriate signal strengths just like the HD receivers (should aim for low 50s-low 60s in most areas.)

It just can't decode the MPEG4 feeds. MPEG4 is not the same as the satellite signal with is actually turbo 8PSK (625 is completely capable of dealing with 8PSK.)

Hi again guys! Just wanted to update and ask a question(of course). Got the 722 in the mail and sent it back. Blown hard drive. Anyways, got a 622 hd dvr coming in the mail now and picked up a black dish that says dish hd on it. Is this a 1000.2? I aimed it for the hell of it with my current 625 sd hooked up and I have sig strength. Problem is, no channels. I know I'm on the wrong sat. My question though is, can I use this new 1000.2 dish my my sd box? In the setup, it says its on transponder 14 and sat 119 but it does say "wrong sattelite under the sig strength bar. I'l just keep aiming until I hit the right one I guess. Am I on the right transponder and is 119 right? These were right with my dish 500. If all this isn't possible, piss on it, I'll wait until my new box comes in. Just wanted to get a few channels.

Thanks guys! Dan

Cover the outside 2 lnb's and make sure the center one hits 119. You are probably picking up 119 with one of the outside lnb's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)