Setting Up Vcr With Voom Questions

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
I am trying to set up my vcr with Voom. I followed the instructions in the manual and got zilch.

Anybody have a drawing they can post on how theirs is set up?

Also, can the Voom box output through composite and component at the same time?

I assume I have to change from 1080 to 480 both on Voom box and my TV.

I am using composite connections first to back of Voom box and then into my vcr. From my vcr I am using coax to the tv but no signal so far.

Any suggestions.

Connect the Voom STB to the TV via the Component cables and connect the VCR to the STB via coax or yellow, red, and white composite cables. Leave the Voom STB in 1080 mode because the coax and composite will be live in 480 all the time.

wasch_24 is correct. The STB will output to all of the various connections simultaneously. I actually just setup my VCR yesterday. Two things that you'll have to keep in mind when recording to your VCR:

1. If you are recording an HD channel, then you'll have to change the wide screen display mode so that the image won't look squished together (you'll have to choose Letterbox)

2. If you want to do a timed recording, make sure to set the STB Planner option to automatically turn on the STB if it is off. Once the show comes on, then the STB will turn on and switch to that channel.

Not too bad of a setup for those of us who don't have a PVR or are waiting for the VOOM PVR.

Anyone know if they are planning an option to have a daily repeating timer? I have to set my wife's soaps up to record every night before I go to bed.

HeavyC said:
Anyone know if they are planning an option to have a daily repeating timer? I have to set my wife's soaps up to record every night before I go to bed.
Ditto, I am really getting tired of having to setup Rolie Polie Olie daily, what a PITA! :D Not only that, we don't even have a jump ahead capability, I have to hold down the scroll button to move ahead 24 hours. :no

THANKS WASCH 24 & ITRUONG FOR YOUR HELP - VCR ALL SET UP

I appreciate the help. It was easier than it looked. This should hold me until they come out with the DVR which is soon I hope.