Setup a Phase III & Round???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NDBryan

Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
I need to get the 101, 110 and 119...But due to my location, the phase III can only get the 101 & 110.

I setup an old round dish to get the 119.

What type of setup/multiswitch do I need to connect the round (119) and the phase III (w/ a built in multiswitch only able to get the 101 and 110 due to obstruction).

This may be an easy question, but I am not really familiar with multiswitches so thank you in advanced for you help.

Bryan

That combination isn't really possible since the PhIII has an integrated multiswitch which combines the 110 with the 119 sats. However, you could use a round for 101 and the 3LNB for 110/119. Do you have a location where the PhIII can see 110 and 119? If so, then use a 4x multiswitch with two lines from the round dish connected to the Sat A inputs and two lines from the PhIII connected to the Sat B inputs.

Thanks for the advice. I will try moving the Phase III in order to get the 110 & 119, then use the round for the 101...Getting the 110 & 119 will be really tight.

That combination isn't really possible since the PhIII has an integrated multiswitch which combines the 110 with the 119 sats. However, you could use a round for 101 and the 3LNB for 110/119. Do you have a location where the PhIII can see 110 and 119? If so, then use a 4x multiswitch with two lines from the round dish connected to the Sat A inputs and two lines from the PhIII connected to the Sat B inputs.

+1

So I have tried pointing the PhsIII at the 110 and 119 with some interesting results, hopefully I am just being dumb.

I can get both the 110 & 119 seperately off of the PhsIII but not at the same time. To get either Sat i have to move the dish several degrees and change the angle slightly.

So to get from the 110 to the 119 I move the dish to the left and slightly angle up.

Do you think this is a skew problem, or could it be my obstructions??? In what manner should I point the Phs III, get the 110 and then move slightly to get the 119?

Your mast must be plumb and the skew setting be correct. This setting is used so that the dish can see all three, or in your case two satellites. It also seems that by moving the dish to get an individual sat, you are really getting the signal on the wrong LNB.

Chs 490-494 will verify reception from the sats.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts