setup help please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jnkosamui09

Jun 21, 2010
north america
hi i need some help from the experts.

i recently bought a non-motorized package from gosatellite. they recommended me to post on this site to get answers. everything was included in the package so i figure it should all work together. here's what i have:

ultra 500 receiver (Ariza decal on the box)
dreamstar lnb
31 inch dish
multistar diseqc switch
(i do not have an inline signal meter)

my gps puts my location as N36.54.863 and W91.42.602 near zip 65548 in usa

i'm trying to get lined up with IntelsatAmericas5 at 97.0W, and the alignment program shows me needing 46.82 elevation, 188.75 azimuth, and i think 7.0 skew.....that sound right?

here's what's going on for me (aka why i'm posting here today):

in the receiver as i scroll thru the list of satellites, i can see signal on all satellites as 15% or 0%. no more, and no less for everything.

i select 97W and it's got 15%. if i move the dish slightly (or even far) to the east or west it stays at 15%. same if i move the dish up or down, and same if i rotate the LNB clockwise or counter-clockwise.

I can make it show zero% if i change the receiver settings to set lnb power off, or if i use the receiver to change LNB frequency not equal to 5750, or if i unplug the wire at the lnb.

The ultra 500 has preset setup options that are not the same for all the sat's i can select. i presume they're correct coz they come that way out of the box...but here's what they are for 97W

C/KU switch - none
lnb freq - 5750
clnb freq (cant change it) - 5750
lnb power - on
22khz - off
ov/12v - ov
tone burst - off
diseqc - diseqc A
....are these setup papemeters right for non-motorized?

i'm pointing just away from due-south. my pole is pretty nearly vertical, and and elevated just about 46.

what could i be missing?
why am i getting 15% or zero?

thanks!

You need to change the LNB frequency to either 10600 (Universal LNB) or 10750 (Standard LNB) as you working with the Ku-Band.

I'm not familiar with your receiver and lnbf. However, your lnbf setting should be 10750. (I presume that your lnbf is some version of "linear").

If you cannot select lnbf frequency of 10750, you may have chosen 97W c-band instead of 97W ku-band in your setup menu. Your dish and lnbf are limited to ku-band reception.

I wouldn't use the disecq switch right away (although you can); you can add the disecq later it you need it for a second receiver.

well... your settings are wrong... you're receiver is setup for C band and you have KU equipment. I'm kinda new myself but... I think this might get you a lil closer.

C/KU switch - none
lnb freq - 10750
lnb power - on
22khz - off
ov/12v - ov
tone burst - off
diseqc - off/none

Also check to make sure your TP list is accurate... use Lyngsat or The List.

Yeah, if you change that frequency number, your signal strenght should go immediately to 60's or so. But Strength still doesn't matter, what you'll be looking for is Quality. Put in a right transponder (a lot to choose from on 97 W) and start moving the dish around. Make sure you give it a few seconds to lock on to signal after each slight movement. Good luck!

hi i need some help from the experts.

i recently bought a non-motorized package from gosatellite. they recommended me to post on this site to get answers. everything was included in the package so i figure it should all work together. here's what i have:
interesting that they STILL are doing that.....referring folks here...not that I mind (hell I love having new folks here) but they did the same thing when they were a sponser here (thats part of the reason why they were dropped)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)