setup issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghermai

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2007
will add AnikF2 when I get home. I don't know of a good TP off the top of my head :)

Thanks for the List of strong transponders.
I have installed the dual bracket (4degree appart) and I get 97 and 101 to work on the strongest transponders.

However I can't get some channels to work on 101(12120-V 30000), I assume they have weak signal. How do I fine tune it without disturbing 97 lnb.? I get 0 both for strength and quality. However I get 87(quality) and 60(strength) for 11822 H 5700.
Do different Transponders on the same sattelite have different position?
I am confused. May be there is some setup I forgot to set.
Any suggestion is helpfull.

thanx

that 101 transponder you posted (11822) is low. I used one of those dual brackets and got 90+ on 11822 with no issues.

What kind of dual bracket is it? Is it the Glorystar version or another one?

that 101 transponder you posted (11822) is low. I used one of those dual brackets and got 90+ on 11822 with no issues.

What kind of dual bracket is it? Is it the Glorystar version or another one?

Ithe bracket is from Glorystar. It works fine but I couldn't get some channels to work on 101.

Thats why. It only works on specific dishes due to the focal length. The 11822 TP is very strong. We've picked it up on 18" dishes so it can compensate. The 12120 TP can not

Thats why. It only works on specific dishes due to the focal length. The 11822 TP is very strong. We've picked it up on 18" dishes so it can compensate. The 12120 TP can not

I have some customers that already have Globcast dish, they just want to add 101 . So I am stuck with the dish. At some point I made it work but
I moved the other LNB.

In anyway what is the dish that works for this specific application?

Thanx for the help

you can add a second LNB but use a hoseclamp instead of the bracket. I've done that numerous times for setups and it worked fine :)

The GloryStar adapter is designed to fit the GEOSATPRO 90CM by Azure Shine.

I suspect that your 70cm dish will not accommodate 4° spacing with any LNBs, just too close.
Bob

I have some customers that already have Globcast dish, they just want to add 101 . So I am stuck with the dish. At some point I made it work but
I moved the other LNB.

In anyway what is the dish that works for this specific application?

Thanx for the help

I've had a lot of experience with the 101.0W AMC-4 sat and I have locked on the 12120 TP with a 20" DishNet 500, some receivers have weak tuners and even with a 90cm perfectly aimed, I can hardly get 12120 with my Manhattan receiver but I can pop right in with my Captive Works because it has a sensative tuner.

Another thing, make sure you skew to accuracy when tuning the dish, The GloryStar instructions say to aim in the center of the sats 97.oW and 101.oW but you may consider tuning the set up with just one LNBF on 101.oW, set to TP 12120 and tune your best, then hook up to the 97.oW lnbf and see what you have.

I personally don't care much for the 12120 channel and if I can't lock onto it, I don't lose any sleep, and I could care less for the 97.oW programming. The best Networks to watch are TP's 11822 & 11983, I'm sure your customers will agree once they see for themselves.

They may just have to buy a new receiver with a stronger tuner as I did.
Good luck :)

I've had a lot of experience with the 101.0W AMC-4 sat and I have locked on the 12120 TP with a 20" DishNet 500, some receivers have weak tuners and even with a 90cm perfectly aimed, I can hardly get 12120 with my Manhattan receiver but I can pop right in with my Captive Works because it has a sensative tuner.

Another thing, make sure you skew to accuracy when tuning the dish, The GloryStar instructions say to aim in the center of the sats 97.oW and 101.oW but you may consider tuning the set up with just one LNBF on 101.oW, set to TP 12120 and tune your best, then hook up to the 97.oW lnbf and see what you have.

I personally don't care much for the 12120 channel and if I can't lock onto it, I don't lose any sleep, and I could care less for the 97.oW programming. The best Networks to watch are TP's 11822 & 11983, I'm sure your customers will agree once they see for themselves.

Thanks for the info, I might have to change the dish to accomodate the customers. You are right 11822 & 11983 these two channels have great programmes.

Thanks a lot.

Is that Captive Works CW 600-S Premium?

Thanks

Is that Captive Works CW 600-S Premium?

Thanks

The "Captive Works 600S premium" is a good one to use, it has a good strong and sensitive tuner and user friendly, I like it because it's great for finding sats and fine tuning a motorized dish. One thing I don't like is the remote :mad: , it's a universal type :) but very hard to point, you must point very low and directly at the receiver and constantly having to push the same button a few times before the command is executed.

The other one I just got is the "Fortec Lifetime Classic NA", it too has a strong sensitive tuner and easy to use, in fact I believe it's even better than the CW600SP. I was able to get a few extra weak TP's that the other receivers couldn't get, it pulls in TP 12120 with ease. It also has faster channel changing too. The Fortec remote is not universal but has a wider beamwidth allowing a less direct aim.

I also prefer the LED display over the CW, the CW display is too bright while the Fortec is soft and looks more so "high end" product.

I found my Fortec on eBay for $108 and free shipping. All in all, I prefer the Fortec, it's a great receiver for the money spent, I highly recommend it. A BIG :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

G10 satellite need help!!!

Pansat 9000 HD + 4:2:2 Coming soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)