Setup question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stecle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Between the North and South Pole
A friend of mine bought a new HD TV for Christmas and has asked me to help him upgrade his DIRECTV system. He currently has an old SD receiver with a single LNB dish pointed at 101.

He obtained a used HR 23-700 receiver with a SL5PIG-WNC LNB and Dish. I have done a lot of reading and research on this equipment but still have one question.

Can we use the existing single RG-6 coax for now and add another line in the spring when the weather warms up? I know that would limit the receiver to recording one program at a time, but that is not a huge issue for a couple of months.

Thank You

First, unless the receiver was actually "owned" (almost all of them are leased) he won't be able to activate it anyway. So don't be surprised if it's a doorstop.

In the unlikely event it can be actvated, yes you can configure it for single tuner.
But SD is going away in early 2019 so why does he not just call DirecTV and get a free HD replacement?
for his SD receiver?

Reactions: stecle and Jimbo
First, unless the receiver was actually "owned" (almost all of them are leased) he won't be able to activate it anyway. So don't be surprised if it's a doorstop.

In the unlikely event it can be actvated, yes you can configure it for single tuner.
But SD is going away in early 2019 so why does he not just call DirecTV and get a free HD replacement?
for his SD receiver?

Thanks for the reply texasbrit! We are in Canada so unfortunately we are limited in the equipment that we can get. The receiver has been authorized and tested so we are good to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)