sg-2100 elevation adjustment problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
just bought a sg-2100 locally and got it working very well with my 85cm dish, but the elevation angle don't match on both sides. I'm 45 degrees on the side facing east and I can only push the unit down as far as 46 degrees on the side facing west. Anyone else with these have any problems getting both sides exactly the same? Thanks

Set the side marked "Latitiude" to your latitude, and forget about the other side. That will probably be just fine.
Typically the scales are not the same. One side is elevation, one side is latitude. Their relationship should be 90 deg minus the other. Only use one scale.
:)

just bought a sg-2100 locally and got it working very well with my 85cm dish, but the elevation angle don't match on both sides. I'm 45 degrees on the side facing east and I can only push the unit down as far as 46 degrees on the side facing west. Anyone else with these have any problems getting both sides exactly the same? Thanks

Chad,

Brent is correct on this. On many motors, the alignment scale on each side of the motor bracket is purposely not the same scale, so do not confuse the two. One is marked off to represent the installation site's lattitude coordinates (to make it easier to assemble without referring to a calculation) and the other scale reflects the actual elevation angle of the motor mount.

If you place an inclinometer against the flat underbelly of the motor's housing, it should read the same angle as depicted on the ELEVATION scale of the motor bracket. On the alternate side of the motor bracket, the LATITUDE scale should read the compliment of this angle (90° - ELEV) or the same as your site's latitude coordinate position. The two angle readings (one from each scale on either side of the motor) will add up to 90°.

Some motor brackets are not stamped out this way, some have the same scale on each side and others have one of each. The scale purpose is normally stamped into the bracket (i.e. LAT or ELEV) so look for that.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)