SG2100 motor requirements?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Anything required other than a pansat 3500sd + switch?
Is DVBHardware.com a reputable dealer?

I see they sell both the 76cm Winegard and the sg2100.

It seems they are underpricing some other places on certain items. I'm assuming that this is a good thing and that they are underpricing others to be competitive since they have more quality/quantity and do more business.

I figure it'll be easier to just order both the motor and dish at the same time instead of trying to tinker with trying to lighten the load on the old primestar that I went chasing half a state away via freecycle a week or two ago. I'm no welder, and nearly royally screwed up both an 18" mount and Primestar mount the other day - the long bolt on the primestar that goes from the top of the mount to help hold the angle in place busted in half and the 18" was starting to get paint scratched off like crazy when I tried putting the primestar on it temporarily...the prices on DVBHardware.com seem good enough that getting both at the same time isn't too pricey... best to get quality stuff that actually works than for me and my not so mechanically inclined hands to rip stuff apart that I won't be able to fix... and will then have to go back and buy new parts for anyways.

Just checked out that web site. The prices on their systems are quite a bit higher than Sadoun. I would check Sadoun for what you are looking for.

I forgot to mention, if you sign up for their newsletter, they send you a code for 2% off. I also think in their forum section of their web site they have a 2% off code also. Sadoun that is.

all you need for moving the motor is an rg6 cable right? Will any coax work or does it have to be rg6?

I have yet to put up a motor, but have been reading up on it. Use RG-6, and that will also serve as the cable that goes to the lnb. So you only need the one cable. Sadoun is like 13.50 or so for 100' RG-6 with connectors. They also have great instructions on setting everything up. Between them and everyone on here, I am all set for my new set up :)

uh - I know I'll have a question or three eventually...

but for now just one question - what's true South satellite for Boonville, MO

Thanks. Does Sadoun carry the SG2100 motor? Is SG2100 or HHStab 100 or 120 better for this stuff? I was gonna get the SG2100 because its cheaper on most sites... Will the Pansat work with either?

good thing that's the one I bought...

hope it gets here soon. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts