SG2100 (motor won't move -- orange led )

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ldrumond

Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
SW Ontario
Just setting up my gear for the first time. First read the faqs and posts for what seems like forever. Mounted 30" dish and motor, pointed it true south -- not at my true south sat (mistake). Hooked up my LU STB, got a green led on the motor, got the motor to move a couple of times, now it won't move.
Still have a green led, went up my tower and tried to manually reposition dish, motor doesn't budge, get orange led when I depress switch either east or west.
Anyone had this experience?

No, but you may want to re-set the motor, its done by using a paper clip the directions are in the manual, don't panic I am sure it will all work out : )

May be a double dunt! You may have to do a factory reset on the box, hope not! You are sure you have the antenna set up to Motor (DiSEqC 1.2).

Yes, I've tried using the 1.2 setting which gives me east/west control via stb, (worked when I first wired the system up) then tried using the USALS setting, gotoX, nothing seems to work.

Wow, sounds like you need a factory reset, happened to me once and I reset both, so I don't know what fixed it but after I done that I have had no more problems, make sure there is no other receiver looped through as I have seen that cause conflicts because of the voltages.... I guess its a Pansat? Maybe a Pansat user can chip in!

Actually it's a new out of the box Fortec Lifetime Ultra, have tried re-powering the STB a number of times. Am thinking about checking the voltage at the dish end of the cable, doesn't seem to make sense that it worked then stopped.

Have you done a receiver factory default? If all else fails it may have to be done, if the motor works manually it may be a command problem hope it works!

I'm assuming the cable you are using is good RG6 cable?

How far of a run do you have from receiver to motor?

Iceburg -- cable was in place, can't really vouch for it, may have to replace it just so that I can rule it out.
PSB -- STB wants a pswd in order to reset to factory defaults, can't seem to find it in the manual (which btw sucks )

I think the password will be "0000" (All Zero's) but wait until someone can confirm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts