SG210SG2100 motor is not moving East, only move west

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gong

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
My SG2100 works perfectly for the first 4 months. It now only goes to the west. it won't move to the east. When it moves to the west, it can't go back to the east. Any idea how to fix it. Thanks inadvance.

I would do a reset with the paperclip

Are you able to manually motor it back to true south? (manual means at the motor..not on the receiver)?

No, I can't manually move it to the east even though I press the button two times within half a second. I have tried several receiver but none of them move this motor to the east, they all can move it to the west. They can't rest it to the 0 position.

Gong

I have this issue from time to time as well.. If I power down the motor for 30 seconds or so, then it starts to respond correctly.. I do this by powering down the reciever.

Yes, hard power down.. sorry, should have been more specific ;)

To me "powering down" is killing power, where "turning off" is hitting the button on the remote (putting into standby)

ultatryon said:
To me "powering down" is killing power, where "turning off" is hitting the button on the remote (putting into standby)

I know what you meant, but others may not :)

If you are going to use the paper clip make sure to keep it depressed until the green light goes orange then back to green or it will not reset! Of course this must be done in the true south position with the power on.

odd.. when I did mine, it went to orange, flikered green, and back to orange... stayed orange until I released it.. perhaps it wasnt exactly in the 0 position.. I may have to take the dish off so I can see the scale.

Reset is not work in my case

The small hold is for reset a new true south position and you have driven the moter to 0 position already. In my case, I can't drive the motor to 0 postion. According to my research, there is a hardware microswitch failure inside SG2100 motor. I need to send it back to DMS international for the replacement of the switch.

I had the same problem with my sg2100
brand new it would only move one way, tried resetting.. everything...
finally sent it back for service, and it has been working fine ever since

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)