SG6000 picking the wrong satellite !

icecube76

Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
NY
i just finished installing my sg6000 and triax 1.2
my lat is 29 and long 48
now the dish is moving , but when i choose 30e it goes to 13e , and when i choose 26e it moves to 9e , so i am 17 degree - the correct location !
is it a declination problem?
i did aim south before i start the motor .
any help appreciated
thanks

On the sats you indicated, is East longitude a typo?

If you are actually in NY, as your Location shows, I think those eastern sats are below the horizon, and not beaming in your direction anyway.

oops, I read your longitude, you may be in France?

Just ran a check on his IP yes he is indeed in Kuwait. ;)

:welcome to SatelliteGuys icecube!!!

Yes double check that your Lat and Long are correct in your receiver and that you don't have them backwards, or have it set to to wrong hemisphere. Other words make sure the North vs South is Correct and East vs West is correct.

Thanks for the reply, yes i am located in Kuwait,
i double checked my dreambox settings , and it looks ok, i did not mix the lati, and long ,
also the declination angle is 35 as per the sg6000 manual.
first i started with 15 degree declination angle and when i point to arabsat 30e i get hotbird 13e, so +17 degree
then i changed it to 25 and when i move the dish to 19e i get hot bird 13e now its + 6 degree
the manual says it should be 35 but its just not working .
i am confused
thanks

The receiver does not actually know where it's pointing.
When aiming the Dish, it's all up to you to align mechanically.
Tell the Receiver to go to 29e - your South Sat (the Sat that is closest to your Long - 29)
Then go to Dishpointer.com, enter your location, pick 29e from Sat List, and click Go
Is your Dish pointing in the same direction as the Red Line on Dishpointer?

the closest sat to my location should be 30e , yes the dish pointing to the same direction.
now the dish declination angle is 30 when i move the dish manually i get 30e with strong signal. but after using the go to 0 function and moving the dish again to 30 i get no signal !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts