SG9120 motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Swamp_Rat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
South Florida
My 1.2m has been on the arc pretty close. We had a thunder storm come through the other day with some power issues. My dish is not even close to where it should be on USALS but the dish did not get knocked out in the storm.
I went up and reset the motor and now it looks like all the positions have moved roughly 20 degrees west from where they originally were. Lat and long are correct in the Azbox and the dish is pointed to where is should be but the motor is way off
Anybody experience this with this motor and a Azbox?

Thanks in advance!

your motor has probably turned slightly on the pole with the heavy winds,

drive your motor to your southern most satellite using USALS, then go outside and swing the motor left or right to peak in the signal quality,

i drill a 1/4 hole through my mounting post, and all the way through the motors mounting bracket, then i install a long bolt and nut through the hole, this prevents the motor from turning on the pole,

The motor is pointed where it should be. The problem is either the signal coming from the receiver or some function of the motor. My due south is roughly 80 degrees. When I go to 101 the dish is pointed due south. It is either a signal or electrical problem.

reset the motor, do a factory default on your receiver, make sure you enter in your lat and long correctly

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)