Shadow 1 Shadow 2 Shadow 3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
T

tdenton1138

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 21, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Did anyone happen to record and watch the NBC feed of the US Open on Monday? Around the 23 minute mark, the audio went silent for a few seconds. Then there was a robotic voice "Shadow 1, Shadow 2, Shadow 3" spoken in left speaker, right speaker, both. "Shadow 4, Shadow 5, Shadow 6" with the same panning effect. Then repeated. It was a little freaky to tell you the truth.

Am I the only one that this happened to? Or does anyone have any idea what that might have been?

Tad

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
It was likely the production truck and they were either caught live testing the mic setups and audio output levels or they accidentally rolled a prerecorded version of the same. We FTA/BUD users hear these things a lot.

atp1313

atp1313

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 1, 2005
Goose Creek, SC
Or it could have been the ghost of golfers past trying to haunt Tiger. No one else can beat him...might as well summon the spirits for assistance.

T

tdenton1138

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 21, 2007
Tucson, AZ
I figured it must have been some kind of test signal or broadcast flag, but I was watching the recording kinda late at night and the robotic-ness (?) of the voice sounded like something out of some cheesy sci-fi movie.

Thanks and Tiger does have God smiling down on him - all the practice doesn't hurt either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.