Shaggy's Install, well...

Ouch, wish I could share the pics of the initial install they set me up with here, but this is quite a bit worse (and funnier, though at your expense :( )

Our hardware was new from what I could tell but there were wires hanging off the roof and down to the ground :D But OMG dude that twin LNB looks like he wiped it all over the ground or something o_O

Talk about junk! Glad to hear they'll be hooking you up with a 1000 though.. good luck! :D

That installer kept the new Dish 1000 and Lnb's and gave you some sh*t he pulled off a old job. I think if I would have come home and seen what he had done I would have monkey stomped his ass.

k another thing I wonder, did he put those fittings on those cables?! They're.. hex fittings o_O That's.. such a janky job!

Oh well, at least you had an idea :) When our stuff was initially installed I knew things weren't up right but wasn't here on SatelliteGuys so I had no idea what to look for, stuff like ground blocks, RG6 cable, a ground block or some other form of grounding, proper switches.. etc.. damn then there was that DP/SW-model number overload haha.

Don't feel too bad, just keep an eye on the next guy like a hawk muwahaha.

Shaggy, I'm stilll laughing my butt off. But anyway, come next Saturday be sure to get the installers, name, I.D. number (if he has one) and the company that he works for. Oh, by the way...... If you have the last techs name and number and you know of anyone else in your area that is looking for a D1000.... well, I think you know where I'm going with this. Keep us posted.

Hahahahahaha, its actually funny considering that he was working so hard to try and get something for free, it sucks that he is finally gettin what he wants for free thanks to a scoundrel of a sub contractor but atleast the sub will be charged back for the work that has to be done.

Van said:
Hahahahahaha, its actually funny considering that he was working so hard to try and get something for free, it sucks that he is finally gettin what he wants for free thanks to a scoundrel of a sub contractor but atleast the sub will be charged back for the work that has to be done.

U have been with me all the way, but hey I'm glad satelliteguys is here, I wanst to sure to call seeing I'm 16 but after posting this I think 100% of the people told me to. So I now have to wait another week. GET A D1000, Or i will go crazy j/k but really i will :).

I'm glad that I was able to make people laugh and its not really at my expense so send these pics around. Maybe I can be the first in the "Worst Install" Thread.
Oh and I think I forgot to mention that he left cables on my lawn. DAMN HIM!!

BrettTRay said:
That installer kept the new Dish 1000 and Lnb's and gave you some sh*t he pulled off a old job. I think if I would have come home and seen what he had done I would have monkey stomped his ass.
Oh and For the D1000 in his van, He said it was for the next install becasue it wasnt on the work order. But if it was he would have installed one.

riffjim4069 said:
Shaggy, I would send an e-mail to ceo@echostar.com and provide a link to this thread if I were you. The installer in question should held accountable for his or her conduct; totally unprofessional outright criminal behavior.

I can't believe you'd actually acuse the installer of criminal behavior. Read the original post: THERE WAS NO D1000 ON THE WORK ORDER (assuming he was telling the truth). How can that POSSIBLY be the installers fault? It's NOT. He didn't KEEP anything for himself! The Direct TV dish: yes, totally inexcusable. The old LNBS: same thing, inexcusable. He should have offered to change the work order for the customer and come back later instead of doing a hack job. UNLESS: The customer REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted his channels right away. But I don't think that's the case here.

Crusify the installer why don't ya... The Dishnetwork CSR screwed up too!

I was pretty darn sure what dish the installer supplied was up to them (as long as it was a dish network dish), but whatever. I wouldn't be too concerned about your age because welp, there's this thing we call age discrimination! Then again, I don't think that actually ever worked >_>

I'm 18 myself, and have been dealing with morons like that since I was 14 (computer repair people for my $7000 machine that was rather new and in warranty and needed new parts from time to time!!!) -- as a friend of mine said it's funny to see them go all "yes sir" and such after telling them off for being idiots when they're twice your age..

Erm, anyway -- it's worse with cable installers, even if the installer is only about 5 years older than you. Those morons! They try not to run ANYTHING anywhere if they can help it, after all they figure every bit of coax in your house is theirs for the using since "that's why it was put there"....

Cable on the lawn? Was it boxed? The first installer left a box/spool of vextra RG6 *drool* but I had no use for it (or so I thought) so I had the next person who came a few days later to fix the install go ahead and take that, wish I had it now >_<

That installer was a freak though. We had a light that needed new bulbs and was high up, he had a big ladder, we offered to pay him something if he would change the bulbs, I guess he was cool with that but then he ditched lol.

Felt kinda sorry till I saw the DP34 laying in our rain gutter the next morning..

I dont know if my age had anything to do with it seeing my mom was hear. but you never realy know. SO my new question is what is going to happen to the installer? will he be charged for this or what. I dont know what dish does to bad installers

sA :: Shaggy said:
I dont know if my age had anything to do with it seeing my mom was hear. but you never realy know. SO my new question is what is going to happen to the installer? will he be charged for this or what. I dont know what dish does to bad installers

They force him to watch Charlie Chat reruns for 24 hours straight in a 6x6 sealed room with only water. :D

Yeah Hokie, then they force them to watch competitors' anti-satellite-dish commercials for another 3 hours. It's been said that the 24 hours of charlie chats doesn't kill them, it's the other 3 ;)

Hehe.. that joke sucked.

They'll just get what they call chargebacks, which means they don't really make much (if anything) off the install, which they kinda deserve :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)