IMG_0134.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_0136.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0141.JPG
    IMG_0141.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 131
In defence. Just suppose that the installer was right and that the work order was wrong as he claimed(I believe there is a thread to that effect posted). In that case he might not have had right equipment on his truck If the retailer is cheep and only will send the tech with only what he needs for that day. The tech is now faced with a dilemma, He can call and reschedule the job, which will result in lowering his completion rate or complete the job hoping that the customer wont care as long as he is getting the programing that he ordered. Your roof is easy to work on so again you get the junk because any tech back out there will have an easy time if any changes need to be done. The legacy set up will work and except for some other problems would work very reliable for many years. There was one other thing that was in his favor he bolted the mast to the frame instead of to the roof.

Unfortunately the dangling sw21's will pull the connectors out very soon, and there appears to be no sealer on the bolt in the roof. It appears that the top 2 bolts are on the seam at the peak and aren't real secure, looks like a potential leak. I will bet that if you follow the lines there is no grnd. I have seen this type of install too many times.

And if what I conjectured above is true the tech is not to happy with his Co. because he was put in the situation where he looses no matter what he does, so he gets it done and leaves as fast as he can.

No I saw inside his van He had (guessing) about 20-30 dishes. There is a ground I just cant show you lol, no its inside my atic becuase of us redoing the siding last summer, all cables are inside

I learned a long time ago, as the cable companies have, to place all switches such as the SW21 and grounding blocks in weather proof boxes like the Telecrafter Omni III.

The nice thing about the Omin III is that it can even be installed after the switches or grounding blocks have been installes without even disconnecting the cables.

Attachments

• OmniIIIinside.jpg
    OmniIIIinside.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 157
  • omniIII.jpg
    omniIII.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 160
20-30 dishes inside his van? :shocked I'd like to see that van! It must be one of those extended, walk-in, wide-load, cargo vans.

Yo, Mike500, those things look awesome! Where do you get them and for how much???

ZandarKoad said:
20-30 dishes inside his van? :shocked I'd like to see that van! It must be one of those extended, walk-in, wide-load, cargo vans.

Yo, Mike500, those things look awesome! Where do you get them and for how much???

I get them from Perfect 10. You can buy one at solidsignal.com, but they charge $15 plus shipping.

Check them out at www.telecrafter.com/

Send me a PM, if you need only a few.

Ah, I see. He could have had 30 dishes all in boxes... but then you'd just see boxes. And I don't know how much room D1000's take up really. I'm assuming more than D500s. But if they're all in bulk, then they (the D500's at least) really don't take up much room at all.

... what would an installer be doing with 30 D1000s in his van? Doesn't leave much room for essential gear.

UPDATE: 12:15pm dish installer shows up. Not getting a dish1000 (damn im really starting to hate customer service, Forgot to put it on the work order AGAIN), He will be upgrading me to a DPP twin LNB (thats GOOOD). Will continue update.

ok he's done, the d* dish is im my backyard in a nice and neat pile. Everything looks good to me (ok I havent been up there yet). Workin on the pics. Didnt charge the camera srry.

Yay!

I guess your new setup looks more like mine :)

'cept maybe pointed at 129 and 110/119 instead of 148 and 110/119 :D

*random somewhat related* You seen D*'s 5 LNB dish? That thing's huge (it only looks like it has 3 LNBs but it does have 5.. but the reflector [dish part] is ... all big and like GMC made it or something)...

GOod luck with the new gear! :)

HERE they are the new pics, srry couldnt wait so i grabbed my cell phone (not as good pics, still a great cell phone (look at pic))

Attachments

• Photo_111205_001.jpg
    Photo_111205_001.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 181
  • Photo_111205_002.jpg
    Photo_111205_002.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 194
  • Photo_111205_003.jpg
    Photo_111205_003.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Photo_111205_006.jpg
    Photo_111205_006.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Photo_111205_008.jpg
    Photo_111205_008.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 186
  • 0ed0e2d2.jpg
    0ed0e2d2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 4cf2e443.jpg
    4cf2e443.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 126
Looks pretty good :) The fittings on the cable aren't quite what I'm used to seeing (barrel connectors, still compression fittings but barrel shaped), but it all looks pretty good :)

Sweet phone too! Looks like you got a 650 there? Good for you man, those are the last good treo you'll probably ever see lol [MSTreo is so... ugh]..

So ya got 2 dishes! Oh well, at least on the good side, you've got 129 (or can repoint to 129 real easy if you have 148), and they're easy to repoint :D