Shaggy's Install, well...

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
Well, today the “Dish Network” installer came out and, here’s the story. At first everything was fine the guy seemed cool, he makes sure what he is installing in correct. WAIT a second dish it’s supposed to be a D1000. Oh “well they didn’t put that on the work order.” So no dish1000 for me. Ok go ahead install the second dish. Well instead of installing a dpp twin and a DP dual, he uses a Direct TV, YES a Direct TV dish and lnb. Connected to E* dish I think twin (not dish pro, or pro plus, looks used). Then he runs one cable from the D* dish and one form the E* dish into a sw21 switch (does this twice). This is how my install looks now. SEE PICS (trying out new digital camera dad’s barrowing) (man i had to compress the pics awwww)

So to recap, I didn’t get a dish1000 (I guess the CSR forgot that part, and yes she did say it was going to be a dish1000)… I didn’t get DPP so I cant run a single cable to the 625/522 that I’m getting. And I have a dish that sticks way over my roof....I did get a free second dish (ok third), spare lnb (already had one), and some extra rg6 cable (6’ to test a grounding issue).

Solution: Buy D1000 ($75) then install my self, Call dish and trade a 510 for a 522/625 ($100), Hope I can sell the 3 dishes, 3 lnbs, and my 3 spare receivers (2x301 perfect w/ yellow card, 1x2800 “I think” no card and bad picture.) to cover most of the cost. If ANYONE IS INTERSETED IN ANYTHING HERE PM ME.

Oh and I did everything right (from supplied tips), had the latter all setup for him, asked him if he needed anything to drink, also helped him get the dish setup. All in all not that bad. (just kind of sucks because I now have to buy the dish, but ill live)

What Id do, call dish asap, tell them that the installer installed used DIRECTV equipment, and that you want another installer out to redo everything as soon as possible!

No need to pay anything if this install was new, call dish and complain, the installer, well im not gonna say waht I think of the installer..used equipment etc = musta been trying to pocket the extra $$

Oh and I think I forgot to mention that I saw a d1000 in his van, he said it was for the next install, and that because it wasn't on the work order he couldn't do it.

Irragardless, a DIRECTV dish, and USED LNB's, not to mention ollld legacy stuff!

Call Dish and tell them this, and tell them you want a dish 1000 like the rep said! (make sure to say they gave you a directv dish!)

Not to mention if there were Dish 1000 installs going on in your area, you shoulda got it, due to the whole one dish local thing iirc

not only that it looks like he didnt ground the system (big no no) and im surprised that your getting signal with those things pointing right at trees.. come spring a chainsaw might be your best friend or dish relocation... I know it might be diffrent in your area as far as picking up los for instance in denver there can be litterly a pole in the middle of the dish and pick up both birds like there was nothing there.. here in chicago thats not the case.. Whats your signal streingth? im kind of curious.

attachment.php

I can't believe he used this old LNB on your install. I'd call and b$tch.

for the trees SMUD takes care of them (hole power line thing) and its liek right though the trees... theres a gap anf the big evergreen is like 200 feet back, For transponder 19 for all (dont know which ones to which to) 110=95 119=97 148=88... going thought it again lowest (110 tran #2 at 80) (119 tran #2, 4, others 80-83)

The only thing missing is the duct tape.

That had me laughing my ass off.

I'd be on the phone wanting a 1000 there tomorrow, and a free install.

One question as I'm in the HVAC Industry.

How far are the dishes from your unit??

From the one pic it looks like they are inches away, which in many sates is a big no no.

Shaggy, honestly.

You got yourself a redneck dish 1000.

Have you called dish and laid it out yet?? If not you are being way too nice.

I think the minute I saw the used dish, used lnb, I'd told the assclown to get off of my property.

I'd be nice with the customer rep as they had nothing to do with the installer's used goods that he gave you.

If they give you any flak, stop being nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)