Shaggy's Install, well...

Yep its the 650 (I LOVE IT), What would be the benifit of moving it to 129? Just called dish $100 to upgrade to a 522 (they wont give me a 625 is dish on demand or whatever it is worth the $$ for the 625?)

Nah, DoD isn't worth the money.

If they pointed it at 148, repointing it to 129 would get you voom channels which are at 129 [locals too]

I hate those fittings.

There not technically compression fittings. There crimped just like the hex fittings except its crease is all on one side if there the fittings that I've see that look like that.

Every house that I have ever been to that had those installed, I've ended up replacing because I could literally give a very light tug and they'd pop right off or they were so corroded at the collar you couldn’t turn them so you ended up cutting them off.

And that’s besides the fact that it’s a stupid 3 or 4 step process to crimp the stinking things.

Better, but not by much, You exchanged the Legacy system for a DPP That will make the system work more efficiently However you still have dangling connections, and no drip loops. which will make the connections more apt to have water penetration hence rust. The connections are radial crimp. In there day they were the best at preventing water penetration. I have always found them very easy to install and very hard to remove. Dish would prefer to use the assemblys, and they are less likely to allow water to penetrate.

If there's no HDTVs, no need for voom :) I think I may need to repeak my 148 one of these days o_O It only gets 70s maybe 80s on the point dish screen :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)