Shaggy's Install, well...

I wouldnt be so quick to send an email to ceo with a link to this thread because one thing that will work against you in the future is your current age, best to make sure that your mom is there when the next tech comes out or atleast make sure you have a buddy thats atleast 18. Oh and this isnt the first time Ive seen a directv dish used for the wing dish, this makes it somewhere in the 20's.

My mom was the one that answered the door ( i was playin cs lol), My dad should be the one hear next time, and we will be watching not for a bad install but for the guy to patch the holes in our roof. I dont think you can screw up a dish 1000 install can you everything you need it right in the box. As long as the next install goes right i wont be sending a email or ever I dont like to complain about things as long as they get fixed.

Back in the day when I was a contractor I did this type of work with spare dishes so I could Ebay the real thing :) Don't forget about doing the extra work by running two lines to the receiver so you can sell the 44 switch too :)

Tekken said:
Back in the day when I was a contractor I did this type of work with spare dishes so I could Ebay the real thing :) Don't forget about doing the extra work by running two lines to the receiver so you can sell the 44 switch too :)

...and you brag about it? :rolleyes:

Tekken said:

There might be a reason why your not a contractor anymore, hmm what could it be?

Wait just a cotton picking second here!

If you where subscribing to VOOM, or you are in a DISH1000 market where your must carry locals are both on 61.5 and 129, there is no way you would have gotten 2 Dishes. The system is setup to automatically give you a Dish1000.

What happened is this. A typical customer does not know what a Dish1000 is, a typical customer is not going to climb up on his roof and look and see what type of LNB the installer used, a typical customer is not going to know the Difference if their installer used a Directv Dish.

The installer seeing that you where susposed to get a brand new Dish1000 decided to take advantage of the situation and give you the used crap he had sitting in his truck from converting a customer from Directv and probably got the Dish500 from doing a SuperDish or Dish1000 Upgrade.

I hate to say it, most installers go to a customers home and there is a Dish already there from a previous customer. The installer uses the existing Dish, hooks up your receivers and keeps the new one. The typical customer does not know enough to care!

I'll give you a prefect example, about 3 months ago I did an installation and the customer thought I cheated them because I didn't give them a DVR they called and cancelled the account immediatly after we left their home, then later on in the day called DISH Network again to try to get a DVR and they setup another account for them and sent out one of their installers with a 625.

Now keep in mind they never asked me about a DVR or I would have installed one, but I was never given an oppertunity to give them one after the install was completed.

So like a week later Im sitting in my office wondering why I didn't get paid for the Job, call retail services and low and behold the lady had disconnected the account. I called up the customer and made arrangements to pick up my equipment.

So I go out and get my 322 receiver, and I ask the lady why she disconnected and in a rude voice she said it was none of my business and shuts the door.

So I go back to my truck, put the receivers in the back seat and go and grab my ladder to go get the Dish and remove all the wiring. Not for anything, she cancelled and I lost money on the install so I'll be dammed if Im leaving her with the wiring.

So im put the ladder back on my truck and I got the Dish sitting on the ground and im coiling up the 50 feet of dual cable I just got finished removing from the the side of her house so I can re-install it for another customer.

She comes storming out saying I had no right to disconnect her Dish and that she was calling the cops. For what I said, you disconnected and its my equipment.

She goes off and starts telling me how the installer said it was her Dish, and that because of that she was able to keep the wiring and that I had no rights to it.

Maybe she could have kept the wiring, but she cancelled her credit card before I was able to charge her the $49.99 activation fee. So as far as im concerned, no activation fee, and no services gives me the right to take both the Dish and my wiring!

Oh let me add some more FIRE, In my room I have a dish 300 (just found like a week ago was going to use it for fta if i go in that direction) the installer even tried to use that. I mean com the F*ck on.

Claude Greiner, what you post is a reasonable example of how the installer gets screwed. What ever happened to communication? Maybe dish installers should be proficient in communications and should have everything set in writing. You should have told the person to call the cops. The company is at fault here too. But philosophies in sales demonstrate that the customer is right, even when they are not. Bottom line is poorly trained, inept, or dishonest installers makes bad for the good installers and poor sales practices make it bad for the installer and the buyer. If what Tekken posted is true, fraud was committed and his a-- should be sitting in the slammer.

Tekken said:
You're a scum-bag! :no

It should be noted that reselling "spares" that were never needed in the first place drives up costs of equipment and service "for the rest of us" -- especially existing customers. :no

Does that even make sense?

(they got paid to install hardware they never used on the project in the first place).

I think I've heard of those referred to as "gift installs" before (where wiring and dishes were already setup by previous owners of a house, for example, and left) -- but even in those cases a dual 500 (or single 500) would likely be replaced by a 1000 (seen this done already). If not though, do the installers still get paid to install dishes that were already there?...

Fun question!

Then again, I suppose there's a slight difference depending on scenario -- one installing a 500 where the customer already has a 500 and doesn't mind it being used vs one installing used hardware where the customer ordered a new dish.. yeah.. big diff.

So is there anyway to validate what's on the work order, before the install. That would have shortcut the possible misunderstanding.

Seems like this can happen because what you order via dish and what goes on the workorder is up to interpretation ?

Ok so what is this about now? is was about my install but we all know it never stays the same, it can go from a good install to grounding requirements back. So, i think we are now talking about how the installer gets screwed, and how to make sure whats on the work order is right. is that correct or did i miss something?

I Dunno why your flipping out, the conversation knida went that way as we are waiting for E* to come out and fix your setup the last time I checked.

It is all relevant, as you were screwed over by an installer, and we started talking about scum who try to cheat the customer over as we are waiting for pix of your new install this weekend!

at least it works... ;)

I was looking closely at the pictures of your cables.
The connectors with the blue ring are outdoor-rated, and water-proof.
It would look as though the other connectors are indoor, but hard to see.

Read up on installations, especially about drip loops, and you'll notice you have none.
I'm not sure how long nylon ty-wraps survive in the UV outdoors, but since there aren't any (to secure your switches and cables), I guess it really doesn't matter.

All the best on the next install. I'm sure they'll take care of ya.
:)

CJPC said:
I Dunno why your flipping out, the conversation knida went that way as we are waiting for E* to come out and fix your setup the last time I checked.

It is all relevant, as you were screwed over by an installer, and we started talking about scum who try to cheat the customer over as we are waiting for pix of your new install this weekend!

Im not flipping out srry if it sounded that way!! I was just wondering what the subject was at the moment, because I know it changes once again srry if it sounded like i was flipping out. Oh i know why it sounded like that... I was surrounded by like 26 freshmen thats why. Im a TA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts