Shall we raise our HD Lite, Captain?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think its about time it be locked.

Great idea because unfortunately a whole lot of blind, one-sided, unfair, non-professional, pot calling the kettle black has been exposed.

Last edited:
The whole point is that nothing new is ever said about HD-Lite in 99% of the threads, not in new threads or threads that get hijacked; so why continually do it or allow it?

I agree 1000% as people know I am tired of HD Lite, lets face it folks HD's Glory days are behind us. The truth is people want more and more HD, but the problem is there is not enough badwidth possible to add all the new HD without downresing it. The government is not giveing anyone (Dish or DirecTV or even the cable companies) more bandwidth.

The big saving grace in all of this is supposed to be MPEG4, well guess what folks MPEG4 is not ready for prime time yet.

I have seen the Shatner ad and I myself have laughed at DirecTV's Claims about it's HD quality, yet by the same tolken I know Cable HD can look just as crappy (in my area they have 3 HD channels on one frequency and it looks like CRAP) yet some of the other channels look much better then they do on Dish (I don't have DirecTV so I can't compaire them.

As Mark Cuban said here at SatelliteGuys the only way you are going to see REAL HD again is to but yourself a studio HD Cam and player.

I will also be the first to admit that in a meeting last year with Dish (That a few staff and SatelliteGuys members were at) the question was handed to me point blank, which would you rather have, Full quality HD channels with no new channels added, or Mor HD Channels with slightly lower resolution. I chose option #2.

As I sit here and typed this a lightbulb went off in my head. Maybe we are complagning to the wrong people, maybe its not the satellite companies fault. After all if the Satellite companies could give us full bitrate HD then they would, I have NO doubts about that. Maybe this is a problem with our government maybe we should be partitioning our government who is forcing everyone to move to Digital to open up more spectrum.

I dont think that complaigning to the satellite companies is going to help us, maybe we need to put our heads together, stop the fighting amoungst ourselves and figure how to get the governments attention.

Think about it for a bit, maybe we CAN do something.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts