Shane Mosley vs Floyd Mayweather Jr

tdti1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
Montreal, QC
So what are your thoughts, pretty boy going after another man past his prime :)

PPV - 5/1
9PM ET/6PM PT
Shane Mosley vs.
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
(welterweight)

So what are your thoughts, pretty boy going after another man past his prime :)

PPV - 5/1
9PM ET/6PM PT
Shane Mosley vs.
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
(welterweight)

The sentimental favorite is Mosely, BUT if Mayweather loses, there will be NO luster in a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight.

GOD knows how much I wanna see that piece of sh** Mayweather lose.

If Mosley wins, would this be the biggest boxing upset since Douglas over Tyson?

(As much as I'd like to watch this, I won't be able to. I'm too tied up with Cavs/Celtics and Canucks/Blackhawks)

Mayweather wins against an aging Mosley in a very boring fight. Thank GOD I did not pay for this piece of sh**.

Pacquiao vs. Mayweather is the only decent fight left. I still Cotto would crush Mayweather, but Mayweather has avoided him since forever.

Yup even though deep down I knew what would take place last night, I still had hope, and the first two rounds I was out of my seat with joy, then well, it was another pretty boy boring technical dodge and counter shot picking fight on the poor old man :(

WHAT!?:eek: NOT gonna happen!!!!!!!!!

I watched a couple of Mayweather/Mosley 24/7 on HBO and He has cemented my hatred for him by acutally stating he is BETTER than Ali, Mariciano AND Sugar Ray Robinson!!!:rolleyes:

Mayweather is YET to fight ANYONE in his prime, they have ALL been hand picked aging old men or guys that were never great but good fighters.

Being undefeated is great....fighter EVERY #1 contender and fighter in their prime is priceless!

The PERFECT take on Mayweather....

Shane Mosley Proved That Manny Pacquiao Is Too Good For Floyd Mayweather

by Gilbert Aguilar
May 02, 2010

Floyd Mayweather did what was expected. He beat an opponent who had the odds against him 4:1. Mosley showed what age can do to any boxer, even an elite one. But he also showed what a boxer with power can do to Floyd Mayweather.

In the second round, Mosley showed that Floyd doesn't have the chin to take a punch from the likes of Manny Pacquiao. Floyd instead of holding on to his opponent was holding on to Mosley's arm so he wouldn't punch him again. Unfortunately, Mosley also showed he didn't have the endurance to throw punches in the rounds that follow.

This fight was over-hyped by HBO & Golden Boy Promotions and then the Media and Floyd's fans followed. How is a fight where the odds are 4:1 be considered the toughest in Mayweather's career?

Mayweather showed that he can make his fans believe he is fighting a tough opponent when fighting a boxer who is on the way out. Mosley beat Margarito after it was discovered that he was cheating so he wasn't fighting in the right state of mind. I mean how could he, knowing that he was just caught trying to assault a boxer in the ring? He got what he deserved, but Mosley should have retired after that last hurrah.

But more importantly Floyd "Money" Mayweather showed that he is good at marketing his fights, but doesn't have the chin to take a punch or the power to knock out and old and tired boxer like Mosley.

I believe that Andre Berto would have done more damage to Mosley and in fewer rounds. With all that said and done, Floyd doesn't have what it takes to beat the closer in age, faster, and more powerful, Pound For Pound Champion, Manny Pacquiao.

Shane Mosley Proved That Manny Pacquiao Is Too Good For Floyd Mayweather | Bleacher Report

All Pacquiao had to do was take a drug test!! and the fight would have been on?

He AGREED to the drug test, what he DID not agree is taking the drug test 24 hours before the fight. And of course, that stipulation was placed on Pacquiao simply because he knew full well he would agree to it. It was done on purpose.

IF he had fought Berto, Berto would have KILLED HIM.

PLEASE, PLEASE get your sh** straight! :mad:;):p

He AGREED to the drug test, what he DID not agree is taking the drug test 24 hours before the fight. And of course, that stipulation was placed on Pacquiao simply because he knew full well he would agree to it. It was done on purpose.

IF he had fought Berto, Berto would have KILLED HIM.

PLEASE, PLEASE get your sh** straight! :mad:;):p
Oh my sh*t is straight. All he had to do was agree to the test!! I don't care if it was between rounds!! Other fighters have been caught cheating all the money man asked was for him to take a test! It was not like he was not going to take the same test! I really don't see the problem!?:eek:

Pacquiao-Mayweather still possibility

I am willing to take the tests. If Manny takes the test we can make the fight happen. If he doesn't we don't have a fight."

Boxer Manny Pacquiao may be softening stance on blood testing - ESPN

What is he hiding why does he not just take a test!! :rolleyes:

It's NOT the blood test that is the issue. IT is the issue of taking the test 24 hours BEFORE the fight. He has never had an issue with taking blood test. Its WHEN they are taken.

It's NOT the blood test that is the issue. IT is the issue of taking the test 24 hours BEFORE the fight. He has never had an issue with taking blood test. Its WHEN they are taken.
If you have nothing to hide then take the test! Everyone has to take the test at the same time right? Well then take the dang test! I don't want to take a test to show that i am not cheating? Or i am not going to take the test becuase i don't want the millions and millions of dollars?? Something does not sound right?

Last edited:
The logic really isn't there. I agree with Hitachi. If you don't have anything to hide what is the problem? Why is he so against taking the test 24 hours before the match. It isn't like they are going to take 3 quarts out of him and he won't be able to recover in time. They are going to take a small sample that will have no impact at all. In my opinion, there is no VALID reason to not agree to the drug test 24 hours before the fight unless there is something to hide.

The logic really isn't there. I agree with Hitachi. If you don't have anything to hide what is the problem? Why is he so against taking the test 24 hours before the match. It isn't like they are going to take 3 quarts out of him and he won't be able to recover in time. They are going to take a small sample that will have no impact at all. In my opinion, there is no VALID reason to not agree to the drug test 24 hours before the fight unless there is something to hide.

He has no issues, and has stated, to taking ANY kind of test UP TO 24 hours before. I am under the assumption that they would take more than the usual amount of blood hours before the fight would not be healthy for the fighter, especially after going through months of losing weight and watching everything that goes in AND comes out.

I've got a compromise....

Test him 24 hours BEFORE the fight, and ALSO immediately AFTER the fight. That way, you will satisfy Pacquiao's concern about blood loss just before the fight and Mayweather's skepticism of Pacquiao being clean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)