Share your music library with anyone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdntblu

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Corona, CA
On another forum people were discussing Simplify Media to share their music libraries with each other but the forum went dead so I thought I'd bring it over here.

There is a program called Simplify Media in which you can share music library with other people on your friends list (up to 30). I found this really cool because someone might have music that I used to like but don't have anymore and would like to go buy it again from somewhere. So we can start a thread where people post their screen names on Simplify Media and begin building our friends lists again. It works with a mac or PC or even Linux.

And whats even more cool is if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch you can download a small app to listen to the music wirelessly (3g or WiFi).

Check it out: Simplify Media - Connect Your Music

I'll start. My screen name is : mdntblu

I have around 4000 items of Rock, Pop, Country, Christian, Old School, Kids Music, Christmas, Hip/Hop/Rap.

Add me and we'll share.

Distributing copyrighted music so that others may download it and listen to it? No thanks, I'll pass because I don't want to get sued by the recording industry.

Where does it say distributing music for people to download?? Why don't you not post if you don't know what you're talking about. This service is not illegal and it's even an app on the Apple App Store and they will not approve of an app if it's illegal. It's to share your library strictly for listening to the music and if you want a song your friend has you simply buy it from apple itunes or wherever you get your music. Heck you can write down the album name and go to best buy and buy the CD. There is nothing illegal about this program. It's just so you can hear music you might not think about and find stuff you might have wanted to have.

"It's to share your library strictly for listening to the music..."
See, this is what I don't get about the piracy laws.
Anything that I hear or see on my PC, TV, radio, etc... I can record - so is it illegal or not?
When a radio station broadcasts a song, be it via the net or OTA the artist and all associated parties receive royalties for that...
From the Simplify Media site... "Is this legal? Yes. Music is streamed friend-to-friend, and only within small, private groups. There are limits to how many friends can be on your Media List and how many listeners can concurrently stream music from your computer. Friends cannot burn remote songs to CDs, transfer them to an iPod or MP3 player, or access them when you are logged off."
How can they say that you can't burn or transfer remote songs? If I can hear it, i can burn it or transfer it. True, maybe at a degrading bitrate... maybe that's what makes it legal... but still, you ever seen a yanked up pirated video?... they are so crappy that I'd rather pay the $3 to rent a good one - yet, they are illegal.
I just don't get it.
That's why I stay out of these things... besides the fact that everything you share or access is stored and kept for who knows how long.
And at some point in the future when someone decides they aren't making enough money, they decide this is illegal and go after all the names in that database... where stand ye?
Not ranting, just so you understand where I'm coming from.

Have you used Pandora radio? It plays any song you pick and then from the first song you pick it plays similar music based on that song and the quality is pretty darn good. My friend has Pandora app on his iphone and listens to it over 3g driving 65mph down the freeway. Sounds great. And you could potentially record it if you wanted because it plays on your computer as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts