Sharp is selling the world's first 8K TV next month for $133,000

The only times I spent that much on TVs was for some installations at a television station and a very rich actor's house. Well, I didn't spend that much on it. It was a contract bid. So they had a total for completing the job.

S~

I told people I knew that 4k wouldn't be the next big thing. Not with 8k at 16 times the resolution of what you have at the movie theater. I am perfectly satisfied with HD and 1080p. I would be happy if they upgraded to even that standard. I don't see any major channels ,except sports channels, even contemplating going 4k.

Reactions: stardust3
I told people I knew that 4k wouldn't be the next big thing. Not with 8k at 16 times the resolution of what you have at the movie theater. I am perfectly satisfied with HD and 1080p. I would be happy if they upgraded to even that standard. I don't see any major channels ,except sports channels, even contemplating going 4k.

I watch everything in 4K thanks to the VM50 Spatial Scaling Engine in my Vizio 4K UHDTV that upconverts HD and Full HD to the 4K resolution.The 1080p HDTV I had before this one was also a Vizio and this 4K UHDTV definitely has the best picture.
Our movie theater in our city has a 4K screen.But what is more interesting are the resolution limitations of the human eye,so I am going to have to change my statement where I said that I would get an 8K UHDTV.
If by chance they come out with a 55 inch screen 8K UHDTV,then I may consider one depending if I can see a difference in resolution from 4K to 8K,but a 55 inch screen is my limit,as much as the age of my eyes are even a bigger limit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts