Shaw and third satellite in US

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

captionerlady

Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Eagle Idaho
I live in Boise area and wondering if we can get the third satellite? I just moved and was going to get a new dish with the triple quad LNB, but saw somewhere the US doesn't have access to it. If I can only pick up the two satellites, is there any negative to having the triple LNB?

I live in Boise area and wondering if we can get the third satellite? I just moved and was going to get a new dish with the triple quad LNB, but saw somewhere the US doesn't have access to it. If I can only pick up the two satellites, is there any negative to having the triple LNB?

I checked the third sat footprint (anik g1) on satbeams, and according to that, you´re still covered by the sat.

I am having the same concern with my area (SW Oregon) looks like I'm just out of area. Maybe with a 75cm dish and very fine tuning? What is gained on the third Sat?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It looks like Oregon is pretty much covered. The third and newest sat Anik G1 carries the new HD channels.
You can check satbeams.com footprints 107 Anik G1 Extended Ku North American, to check for your specific location in OR.

It looks like Oregon is pretty much covered. The third and newest sat Anik G1 carries the new HD channels.
You can check satbeams.com footprints 107 Anik G1 Extended Ku North American, to check for your specific location in OR.
Well, I'm in FAR southern Oregon. About 25mi from the California border directly off of I-5. It looks like I'd be in a 47 signal strength area, for which I believe an 85cm dish is recommended. I guess the only way to know for sure is to order the new LNB and try. Hopefully if it doesn't work I can still pick up the other two satellites with the new LNB or find a way to explain to Shaw why I need the old channel map put back on my account after having upgraded. I guess being brokerless has some advantages.

drewpdx: Alternatively, you could have two separate dishes, one pointed at 107 with an xKu LNB, the other at 111 with a standard Ku LNB. This setup would require the use of external switches as well

Looks like my suspicions about being too far south were justified. I got the new LNB and installed it on my 75E dish, and I can't get any of the new channels. When I tune to one, the signal strength is about 47 on the bar. I'm away from home for a few weeks, but when I get back maybe I'll try some extremely fine tuning. I only want to use two dishes as a last resort. I'm located about 30mi north of the CA border in OR directly off of I-5. I really wish Shaw wouldn't have done this. I thought they had more sense than Bell.

If you are getting at least some actual signal, you could try what frenchophile said,

Use separate dishes, not sure if it would be worth it, depending on how much you want the 3rd satellite, but it could be tried with a 1.2 meter or 1.8 meter dish for that 107 position alone, then a separate small dish for 111.

If you are getting at least some actual signal, you could try what frenchophile said,

Use separate dishes, not sure if it would be worth it, depending on how much you want the 3rd satellite, but it could be tried with a 1.2 meter or 1.8 meter dish for that 107 position alone, then a separate small dish for 111.

I guess I'll have to wait until I get back home and see if I can fine tune it. All I can do right now is look at it on my slingbox.

If necessary, I'd be willing to try 2 dishes. It'd be worth it to me for Vancouver HD locals alone. Or maybe I'll end up moving to Portland like I've been wanting to do for the past few years and not have to deal with low signal, lol.

I guess I'll have to wait until I get back home and see if I can fine tune it. All I can do right now is look at it on my slingbox.

If necessary, I'd be willing to try 2 dishes. It'd be worth it to me for Vancouver HD locals alone. Or maybe I'll end up moving to Portland like I've been wanting to do for the past few years and not have to deal with low signal, lol.

Well, hope it goes well, whatever you end up deciding for.
Anyway, let us know if you can fine tune and get the channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)