Shaw Direct ???

valet500

Original poster
May 31, 2010
Nevada
I got a new LNB for my Dish , I live in Nevada and can get a good signal . I put the new LNB on and only get some channels most HD 300 and up and almost none from 3 to 80's . I put on Old LNB and all is good . I was told I need a new V code by calling shaw. Since I live so far south should I even bother calling ? It looks like I wont be picking up the new HD channels anyways. Any info would be great. Thank you

No need to change. The new HD channels are only available on the New 600 series receivers plus the New G1 satellite does not shine in your area. Plus from now on, you can not
call Shawdirect from the US. They have dropped the home away from home program and after pressure from DTV (rumour has it) they can market their service in the US.
They will be lenient for awhile but eventually will turn you off as Bell used to.

Thank you for the reply , I dont have the away from home program I have an address in Ontario and get my service that way for full price. I got a new LNB because mine is going you might say but this new one must not be the right one for my 505 receiver but for a 600 . Can I still get a LNB for this receiver

Thats fine then, the new LNB works great with your 505. Put the receiver on ch 700 and call Shawdirect to have the Vcode changed. you can use *67 to block your phone number on caller Id, but be prepared for long waits right now. The new LNB will give you a little better gain compared to the old one as well.

Well Called Shaw I was asked several times for my Phone number and could not remember what number I used so I said I had a google voip number in the states so friends could call me in Ontario and they took it with no problem but asked me how the weather was in ontario and temps maybe to trick me up but i had all the right replys started out on ch 700 then was told to put it on 111 and wait 45mins. Wait on phone was 20 mins and call took maybe 10min. now waiting tic, tic, tic thanks

hi valet500 I live in los angelles and ant to order the shaw dish. but am worie that it wont work much pass the time I order it. did you start getting stations?

You can *67 all you want, but with ANI and DNIS -- your phone number will show up on their end. Caller ID blocking doesn't apply to those services --- and if you're dialing a toll free number, ANI and DNIS trumps *67. You might just be dealing with a rep or agent that isn't familiar with all the area codes --- and supplying them with the correct phone number on the account is all they're looking for. When I worked for a rather large tech firm with an 800# support line -- I used to get a lot of "how do you know my phone number?" responses... when I'd reference back the phone number they called me from (and they'd admit to the number being blocked on their end). Just sayin'

It sounded Like shaw agent did not care what number i was calling from she just wanted the number for my account to make sure it was me.

I was also told by a Satellite installer in BC that Shaw is ending the home away from home program and if they dont know you are in the states no problem starting in July you still get Shaw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts