Shipping fee for broken receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Landous

Original poster
Mar 18, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So today I get home from work to find my original HR23 receiver totally dead. I called DirecTV and they were quick to offer me a "free" replacement receiver... Just that it would be on me to pay $20 for the shipping. I argued with a supervisor and got the fee waived as a courtesy. Alex, the supervisor, and the rep I talked to were super curteous and friendly and I understand they were just doing their job. Still, it really sucks that DirecTV will charge it's loyal customers a fee to replace THEIR broken equipment, since the receiver is leased.

Am I crazy on this or does anybody else agrees with me here?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

The protection plan would pay for the shipping if you had the plan. Otherwise you are supposed to pay for shipping. It's in the agreement that you signed when you first became a customer. They did you a favor by waiving the fee.

So today I get home from work to find my original HR23 receiver totally dead. I called DirecTV and they were quick to offer me a "free" replacement receiver... Just that it would be on me to pay $20 for the shipping. I argued with a supervisor and got the fee waived as a courtesy. Alex, the supervisor, and the rep I talked to were super curteous and friendly and I understand they were just doing their job. Still, it really sucks that DirecTV will charge it's loyal customers a fee to replace THEIR broken equipment, since the receiver is leased.

Am I crazy on this or does anybody else agrees with me here?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD
Welcome to the Site !

I agree with you, however thats the cost if you don't have the PP .

Yes, you would think, if thier recvr was bad, that THEY would cover all costs.

Fwiw, if you ever need a new Access Card, it also will cost $20 for shipping.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts