Shopping for a new receiver. Whats the best?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SkySurfer80

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
Hey guys. Well I am out to get a motorized 1 meter or more and I currently have a Geosat pro 3500 hdvr but was curious about what is the best I can get for pulling in the feeds and with a fast acurate blind scan and usb recording option. I see these v8 media for good prices but dont know much about them. Any suggestions? Is the 3500 good enough for now?

Thanks

If you want the absolute best, then you want the Edision OS MIO 4K sold by Titanium

I currently have the GTMedia V8 Nova blue and it is a good receiver, but I've never used it with a motor so I can't comment on that.

I think this is a very subjective question. But, IMHO I think the Enigma2 based receivers are the way to go. It allows the most customization and versatility.

I have an actual dreambox i bought. - But, what it has that i like the most on the component side is that it supports ACM/VCM and DVBs2x and supports an internal hard-drive and 4 tuner LNB ports. I currently use two of them. One for my USALS, and the other for everything else. But, you don't have to pay that much, there are enigma2 receivers out there much like the Edison MIO as mentioned. I don't know if that supports an internal harddrive and a secondary tuner. I only see one tuner port on it.

On the enigma2 side of it, this allows you to add plugins, and customize things to tailor it to your specific needs. If you have a bit of skill, you can make some nice tweaks. I automatically have it poll the internet to keep the time in sync, i have it automatically fetch a EPG guide that is grabbed from the Internet. The Enigma allows me to add stream IP address videos as regular channels, so i can turn to satellite channels or IPTV channels from the same device. I can setup multiple channel line-ups.

It is a highly customizable system. The devices can be networked so that i can copy movies off from the Enigma STB internal harddrive onto my laptop or the other way around...

I can also turn channels through programming. This allowed me to integrate my Enigma2 STB with a DCII receiver so that i can automate the channel flipping through DCII channels... A bit on the complicated side, but my point is the versatility of these Enigma2 based STB.s

Just find one that has all the external options, ie, right number of tuners, ability to add internal hard drive to record/timeshift and the ability to watch the Music Choice channels on 125. Ie, ACM/VCM capable tuner.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts