Shopping for receiver

The heat issue seems to run from unit to unit. I've read that the Onkyo 805 runs hot for some people, yet mine has never gotten hotter than room temperature. I can't explain this.

My post on this seems to have gone to the bit bucket. Basically my 605 is never warm to the touch either, even after a 6 hour marathon. I wonder if the heat problem is experienced by people who drive inefficient speakers to loud levels while keeping the receiver in an enclosed space. Mine is on an open shelf with good circulation.

Another thing about floor models: I'm assuming those things come "as-is" and not in a box. Will I have to go and transport a fully assembled stand in my vehicle? Also, having only experience with one stand (which really I should take for myself but my dad still needs a place for all of his stuff..) are the things somewhat easily assembled and disassembled?

BB has a metal stand in their circular this weekend for about $250. (Sorry if price talk isn't allowed. If so, mod. please delete.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)