Should I cancel Dish for U-Verse?

Really? Charter is $29 /mo here for 5mbps + $10 if you don't have TV. I was paying $19.95 for 6mbps for dry loop. I recently upgraded to UVERSE 12mbps for $24.95.

I pay $35.00 a month for Charter internet at 12 mbps. ( Guaranteed for two yrs) That's a great price for U-verse internet.

I love the Max internet for Uverse. I think I have 24 mbps. I pay 36 bucks. Special promo.

You should ask about it.
I'm looking at the promo prices for Uverse internet. Max is 29.99 for 12mbps, Max Plus is 39.99 for 18mbps, Max Turbo is 49.99 for 24mbps? Also, they don't list the upload speeds. Anyone know them?

What internet price did you get? UverseTV has no OTA tuner. If you record three HD shows at the same time, no other HD stream is available for another TV.

I got the 30$ for six months deal with a 100$ promo card. But I now see I am renting the modem for 4$ a month hmmmm. I am not worried about other streams. We only have two tvs, one of which is in the guest room and rarely used. With Dish I have 2 HD streams and one OTA so it works out about the same.

"Movie Pass" is basically the Platinum Pack renamed with Blockbuster added. So you will lose channels if you dump it. Better make sure you know which channels these are and they're not must haves for you.

The "Free HD for Life" is a no-brainer and will save you $10

Glad you pointed that out to me! I do watch some of those channels. I thought it was strictly the blockbuster services.

I love the Max internet for Uverse. I think I have 24 mbps. I pay 36 bucks. Special promo.

You should ask about it.

Wow! Another great price... Sadly, U-Verse isn't available in my area.:( I have no complaints about Charter though. Their internet has been awesome.

Well now I think you guys have scared me off of U-Verse lol. I really like my OTA picture quality and am happy enough with Dish picture quality. I don't want to go backwards when it comes to PQ. I don't need the home DVR functionality of U-Verse. I have pushed out my u-verse install date to the 30th to think about it. I think I am going to just go with u-verse internet only and keep dish. I will see if I can get dish to come off a little on my bill to keep me. I also am eligible for the 922 for free so I might switch out my 622 for the 922. Getting two OTA tuners would be nice.

I would suggest a move to the ViP722K instead of the ViP922. And get the "free" Sling Adapter.

dare2be said:
I'm looking at the promo prices for Uverse internet. Max is 29.99 for 12mbps, Max Plus is 39.99 for 18mbps, Max Turbo is 49.99 for 24mbps? Also, they don't list the upload speeds. Anyone know them?

1.5 megs except the 24 megs plan is 3.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

Keep in mind that 922 have extra $4 charge on top of existing $6 dvr fees. So be carefully there.

If 2 OTA stream is what you require then 722k with OTA module is great for you. Plus you will get free slingbox for tv anywhere feature.

Bear in mind that U-Verse has some pretty low bandwidth caps. If you have other choices for internet, you may want to explore them, too.

Because the store is not where someone lives. Distance from hub makes a big difference.

Attention folks...When you buy internet from a phone company, you must also buy phine service. Typical basic phone service can run $30 per month. SO that $24.99 promo price for 12mbps internet is really well over $50....And once the promo expires....WOW!! Could be over $70.....

Attention folks...When you buy internet from a phone company, you must also buy phine service. Typical basic phone service can run $30 per month. SO that $24.99 promo price for 12mbps internet is really well over $50....And once the promo expires....WOW!! Could be over $70.....
Um, That used to be the case 5-6 years ago but not anymore. Most phone companies offer DSL/internet only options now. What phone company do you have?

AT&T does not require phone service for their DSL. Also you can't have DSL ( the cheaper choice) and Uverse TV, you have to get the more expensive Uverse internet. I am told this is because DSL and Uverse can not co-exist on the same line.

AT&T does not require phone service for their DSL. Also you can't have DSL ( the cheaper choice) and Uverse TV, you have to get the more expensive Uverse internet. I am told this is because DSL and Uverse can not co-exist on the same line.

Can't speak for all markets and promotions-of-the-week, but UVerse and traditional DSL are usually about the same price for comparable bandwidths.

UVerse is just a different flavor of DSL - VDSL vs "traditional" ADSL. The voice and TV services are both just data services coming down the same DSL data pipe as the internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)