Should I get an HR24 or HR44?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you only watch SAT on your TV then the remote really isn't a problem. You can set HDMI-CEC active and all will be fine.

But if you are like me and have a few things that you watch from, then the new little remote is less useful. I know that if I use it with my Harmony all will work and come on and turn off simply and easily. If I turn HDMI-CEC active and use the new little remote for SAT and then want to switch to something else, the remote is out of sync with what is going on unless I turn it all off before switching inputs. And these days the IR seems to be much better than in the past. I never even give it a thought as to where to point the remote as I'm already pointing somewhere in the forward direction and everything is picked up when I change things around.

Got my HR44 in the mail today. Swapped out the SWM 8 for the SWM 16, hooked up the HR44, called DTV talked to Lisa (super nice btw) activated the new one & deactivated the old & BAM, all is right with the world. :)
Not used to the remote yet, but I kinda hope I get used to it, I just wish I could turn my audio receiver off with it. How strange is it that when setting the remote up to control it, the 'press power to verify' step actually DOES turn off the audio receiver, but once the remote is programmed, no dice...Oh well. So far I really dig the response time going through menus & scrolling the guide is nice & fast. I'm sure the playlist will never say 100% free ever again...tee hee!

Oh, yeah - That sucker is SMALL. Waaay small & light.

Last edited:
Got my HR44 in the mail today. Swapped out the SWM 8 for the SWM 16, hooked up the HR44, called DTV talked to Lisa (super nice btw) activated the new one & deactivated the old & BAM, all is right with the world. :)
Not used to the remote yet, but I kinda hope I get used to it, I just wish I could turn my audio receiver off with it. How strange is it that when setting the remote up to control it, the 'press power to verify' step actually DOES turn off the audio receiver, but once the remote is programmed, no dice...Oh well. So far I really dig the response time going through menus & scrolling the guide is nice & fast. I'm sure the playlist will never say 100% free ever again...tee hee!

Oh, yeah - That sucker is SMALL. Waaay small & light.

Interesting. It sounds like they could program the remote like the white ones, if they wanted to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)