Should I run a phone line to my TV now? ( Pre-install )

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fastfed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Voom is coming in about 8 days, should I run the phone wire myself to both of the TV's I plan on having? Or will the installer do this?

fastfed said:
Voom is coming in about 8 days, should I run the phone wire myself to both of the TV's I plan on having? Or will the installer do this?

The installer will probably not do it.

I guess I will run the phone line then..

Do I need to run a phone line to EACH tv? Or just the main one??

Also, just curious what would happen if the phone line was not run?

To each STB. And it should be the same phone line for all of them (the same phone number), in case you have more than one. The installation and activation can be actually done without the phone line connected. For now VOOM works without the phone line just fine, but the phone line might be required in the near future.

So in your opinion ILYA should I bother running the line? ( Its not to much trouble but I would rather use my time on something else )

fastfed said:
So in your opinion ILYA should I bother running the line? ( Its not to much trouble but I would rather use my time on something else )
Since you will have to do it sooner or later, maybe now is a good time ;)

The questions should really be..

Will the installer still install the system without a phone line present?
And is the phone line only for PPV ??

fastfed said:
The questions should really be..

Will the installer still install the system without a phone line present?
And is the phone line only for PPV ??
Depends on the installer, most of them will. In the worst case you can always run a temporary extender phone cable if he insists. a 50' phone cable is included.
Probably for PPV and also to verify the location of the STB. Check other threads on this subject.

If'n I 'member ker-rectly...

The VOOM install kit comes with an RJ-11 extension cord of ridiculous length. I'm sure this is so that the installer can plug the unit into SOME phone jack somewhere in the house, completing the install.

fastfed said:
how much walter?
You'll pay about $30-40 for a base and jack pair which would give you one phone jack anywhere in your home where you have an AC outlet. If you need more jacks you can buy additional jack boxes for ~$20-25. I got my stuff at HomeDepot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)