should i upgrade?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bscabl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
ny
so, my contract is just about done, and i have the protection plan.. re: free upgrades..

i currently have a very reliable hr22-100 and an h24-100 with whole home.

ive been offered a genie. [which of course will extend my contract]

other than recording.. i think its 5 things at once, should i even bother taking this offer? my current equipment has always been super reliable and i dont know what the benefit would be to upgrade.. i put myself in this forums knowledgeable hands

:D
?

if you're completely satisfied with your setup then i'd say don't do it. another option could be an HR24 that would be an upgrade in speed when compared to the 22.

if you're like me who's interested in having the new toys if i can afford them then i would say go for it. replace the h24 with the genie and move over the hr22 where you have the h24 to keep the hd dvr.

you'll enjoy the additional storage and recording capacity the genie brings. i'm not sure if where you're at which i think is NY, the HR44 is available. someone else here can help you with that information. i would prefer it over the HR34 (1st genie).
if there's no rush and you're interested in the genie then wait for the 44 to be available in your area if it's not already.

im in the albany ny area.. so many numbas! sooo i can run a genie, and the hr22 and still use wholehome? [i love that feature.. its so handy! lol] is the 44 a newer version of the genie? does it do anything even neater than record a LOT of stuff? :p lol
i was hoping theyd give me a nomad [or whatever theyre calling it now.. ] but they wouldnt go for it :p
?

yes you can run a genie with a hr22 and still have whole home. the 44 is a newer,smaller version of the 34 which has wifi and better processing power (runs faster). aside the increased recording capacity and being able to record 5 things at once (34&44)
you'll get a feature called genie recommends which monitors your viewing habits and recommends other programming you may like.

im in the albany ny area.. so many numbas! sooo i can run a genie, and the hr22 and still use wholehome? is the 44 a newer version of the genie? does it do anything even neater than record a LOT of stuff? :p lol
i was hoping theyd give me a nomad [or whatever theyre calling it now.. ] but they wouldnt go for it :p
?

To get to excited about a nomad
It's kinda buggy at the moment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)