hr34 "to record episode press R on your remote control" popup Part 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sportman13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2006
I apologize in advance I did get a replacement DVRhd34 GENIE the press R to record pop up issue did not come up at first later after a couple of days it did my question is I know you have to Set up at least 5 series links to make pop up go away what I do not get is do you have to let them record something all the time ?

You have already asked this question and it has already been answered.

raoul5788I know I ask the question I know you have to Set up at least 5 series links to make pop up go away what I do not get is do you have to let them record something all the time ?

set up 6 series....problem solved
easiest thing to do...set up timers that have "first run" info but are old series....nothing will record
go to the religious channels and set up timers for the waltons, little house, etc....they have guide info but if you set it for new only nothing will record

but hmmmmm.....in your last thread you were talking about setting up series to record all season which would be over 6 series.....so what changed?

Iceberg my set up is below yes I am setting up series to record all season which would be over 6 series.....Do I have to keep recording all the time

Episode Type: Choose First Run

Keep at Most: All episodes

Keep Until Delete

Iceberg my set up is below yes I am setting up series to record all season which would be over 6 series.....
then its a moot point why you're complaining.....once you have 6 series set up the popup disappears

Do I have to keep recording all the time
Episode Type: Choose First Run
Keep at Most: All episodes
Keep Until Delete

that is how mine is set up....the series I have

Iceberg got you if I am setting up series to record all season which would be over 6 series.....do I have to keep recording shows all the time or leave the series in the series manager with out recording anything

once you have over 6 series in the setup the "press R to record" thing will disappear

Doesnt matter if there is nothing to record. I have series that will show "0" recordings set for 9 months at a time as they are only on for a couple moths a year

Iceberg another question

"First Run Only Recording" is only as good as the quality of the Guide Data provided by the TV stations and networks. Some shows don't properly flag episodes as "first run" or "repeats", so the DVR will record those extra episodes again. t's fine to leave the default set as "First Run". where do I see if shows like ESPN first take and sportsnation are new or repeat on the Guide?

Iceberg another question

"First Run Only Recording" is only as good as the quality of the Guide Data provided by the TV stations and networks. Some shows don't properly flag episodes as "first run" or "repeats", so the DVR will record those extra episodes again. t's fine to leave the default set as "First Run". where do I see if shows like ESPN first take and sportsnation are new or repeat on the Guide?

How does your spelling immediately become good after a month of crap that we've tried to decipher?

Why do you keep repeating your posts ?

Personally, your making this much more difficult than it has to be.
Set your recordings and leave it alone.

As for SN and 1st take, am not sure, but from what I recall, they don't have dates on them.

Most ESPN shows do not have first aired dates, from my very unofficial search of the guide just now. I think you're going to have to deal with it. I assume it would be this way on cable/Dish/fios.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)