Should the NFL extend their regular season?

Should the NFL extend their regular season?

• Yes! Extend it to 18 games.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Yes, but make it even more than 18 games.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • No, 16 games is enough.

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Hell No! In fact, make it shorter! The players can only take so much!

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
I see both sides of the argument. Who wouldn't want more regular season games? I'm the first person to make fun of pre-season games, and the hype that sometimes comes out of them...you know who I'm talking about!!!

But I do worry about one thing...teams who are out of it even earlier in the regular season, and still have games to play. I worry about them giving their best effort.

That said, does anyone know when they're going to add the games to? The NFL always wants to avoid Labor Day weekend, so I'm assuming it won't be in the summer. Are they going to go further into February?

Sandra

That's funny about the idea that the NFL doesn't want to play games on Labor Day Weekend. The CFL always arranges games on Labor Day Weekend where they try to have each team play their biggest rival,the Saskatchewan Roughriders play the Winnipeg Jets in Regina,the Calgary Stampeders play the Edmonton Eskimos I believe in Edmonton,& the Toronto Argonauts play the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in Hamilton. The NFL could start the season 2 weeks before Labor Day Weekend if they go to an 18 game schedule & just give every team a bye on Labor Day Weekend & just resume the season the weekend after.

The CFL always arranges games on Labor Day Weekend where they try to have each team play their biggest rival,the Saskatchewan Roughriders play the Winnipeg Jets in Regina,the Calgary Stampeders play the Edmonton Eskimos I believe in Edmonton,& the Toronto Argonauts play the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in Hamilton
correct (sort of). The Labour Day Classic is like that but its even taken one step further
Sunday is Saskatchewan and Winnipeg...in Regina
Monday is Calgary vs Edmonton in Calgary

Friday night Calgary & Edmonton rematch in Edmonton....so thats 2 games in 5 days
The Banjo Bowl (SSK/WPG) is in Winnipeg that next Sunday

Use to be Toronto and Hamilton played each other on Monday but this year it was Montreal & Hamilton (BC played Toronto) for some reason.

I think it is silly NOT to start the season at Labor Day. No reason to not play, people would still fill the stadiums for games that weekend, and it would eliminate a week of games in the deep of winter. Although of course, snow bowls can be fun. :)

They're embracing the cold weather now ;)

nfl_SBXLVIII_600.gif

Im a little surprised with all the hoopla about having an 18 game schedule. What about having Thursday night games? If people are going to complain about injuries and all that stuff, what about the fact that teams play on Sunday and then have to play on Thursday? They dont have that much time to rest or to practice for the next game.

Im a little surprised with all the hoopla about having an 18 game schedule. What about having Thursday night games? If people are going to complain about injuries and all that stuff, what about the fact that teams play on Sunday and then have to play on Thursday? They dont have that much time to rest or to practice for the next game.

But the flip side is that they have 3 extra days off after the Thursday night game. It's almost like half a bye week,10 days until next Sunday instead of 7.

correct (sort of). The Labour Day Classic is like that but its even taken one step further
Sunday is Saskatchewan and Winnipeg...in Regina
Monday is Calgary vs Edmonton in Calgary

Friday night Calgary & Edmonton rematch in Edmonton....so thats 2 games in 5 days
The Banjo Bowl (SSK/WPG) is in Winnipeg that next Sunday

Use to be Toronto and Hamilton played each other on Monday but this year it was Montreal & Hamilton (BC played Toronto) for some reason.

They mentioned that I believe on TSN concerning Montreal & Hamilton,it was just a quirk of the schedule this year. Apparently,Toronto already played Hamilton in Hamilton earlier in the season. I also wasn't exactly sure if the Stampeders-Eskimos game was in Calgary or Edmonton that weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)