Should Voom stick with just HD PPV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Carbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2004
Should Voom stick with just HD PPV? I think they would be better off giving us 20 HD PPV then 80 SD PPV or a combo of either.

The only SD content they should even bother with are the "must have" cable channels.

The poll is really flawed. there should be a choice for all HD and only SD if the event is not available in HD. IMO that is what any HD viewer would prefer. ANd if the event were not shot in HD then those still interested could watch the SD PPV

HeavyC said:
The only SD content they should even bother with are the "must have" cable channels.
I disagree. For instance. WHat if HBO offers an SD PPV of a roy jones jr vs tarver title fight? IF its not available in HD then Voom should offer it as PPV SD. Some content is compelling enough without being in HD. Of course we would all prefer it in HD but if its not available then it should still be offered

Yeah, I didn't think about that, perhaps the only exception should be for special events. Just no SD PPV movies. I'd think those would be pointless.

HeavyC said:
Yeah, I didn't think about that, perhaps the only exception should be for special events. Just no SD PPV movies. I'd think those would be pointless.
I agree, they would be pointless.

I think that goes without saying. If something is not offered in HD then they should offer it in SD. I was thinking more about movie PPV when I posted this.

I would hate to see them do a D* and E* and offer us 60 SD PPV and 1 HD PPV. The PPV should be all HD unless they are not available in HD(from a business POV). And if they are the HD leaders then their PPV line up should consist of all HD PPV except where it is not available.

I approached this question thinking along the lines of Voom exclusive pay per view offerings. If HBO, Showtime, Don King, etc. offer something then we are at their mercy. If Voom starts their own PPV channels then I feel it would be a huge mistake not to offer only HD programming. You can rent/borrow/buy a DVD and get better quality than SD PPV.

It's still nice just to be able to get a movie w/out having to go out. At 1:00 in the morning I like to watch movies and don't feel like going to a dvd rental place. Even if they had one channel to hold us over for current ppv movies that would be cool.

Yes i personally think showing just hd ppv movies would definetely be a huge plus for Voom. Everyone loves to watch hd channels, now of course we would love to watch newly released movies in High Def also... More HD the Better!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts