Showcases never record on r-15

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know you are not alone in this, I beleive that it is a problem that everyone is having. I know DirecTV is supposed to have NFL Sunday Ticket stuff record to the Showcase. They are going to fix that in a software update. Here is the list of the known bugs from DirecTV. There are other bugs that have been listed in this thread. Some of them are ones that DirecTV doesn't know about.

Question,
Can you record a PPV movie, seeing there were issues pertaining to Movie channels when they were offered FREE.

Just curious, if they allow you to record a show you are actually paying for.

Jimbo

Yes you can record PPV's, as a matter of fact you can schedule to have a PPV recorded something like 14 days in advance with the R15, and you don't actually pay for it until you watch it. When I say watch, I mean anything over one second to include tuning to the channel while it is recording. It will keep it saved up to 3 months for you. Nice feature of the R15, especially for those PPV premeirs. Then you can have a selection of movies to watch when you want to, and it doesn't cost you anything until you watch it.

I can't get anything to reliably record with the R15, much less showcases. First runs record pretty much everything including repeats. Recording repeats and first runs, the unit will skip around and record here and there. It's a total mess. All this and a $1 more a month for the DVR fee. WOOT!

It was funny I was talking to a tier 2 CS last night and she was trying to convince me that the R15 does not even have the Showcase functionality. Then she did not belive me when I told her there was a tab for it in the MyVOD area. They must think we are all stupid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)