Shows on EHD are erased after watching! Known problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ok, so I got this new L627 update and it wiped my external drive. Wants it formatted now. Lost all shows and of course when I called dish to find out all the way to advanced tech support they say they've never heard of problems with the external drive and never heard of a firmware update that has crapped out an external drive. F you dish.

I have an EHD that does this to me more often then not. You just have to turn it off and then back on again until it is recognized. Some drives are less useful as an ehd than others.

I hope you didn't FORMAT the drive...

Riker, It seems that Dish is very picky about what external drives to use. If 8bitbytes' or TasmanianD's suggestions don't work there is not to much else you can do. From reading your posts, it looks like the EHD that you are using has been giving you problems for a long while. Do yourself a favor and get a different EHD, preferably one that other members here have used without problems.

I had a lot of problems with my Seagate Barracuda drive (in a Maxtor enclosure), but now I have a WD Elements EHD and it works so much better that I wish I had done this sooner.

new issue

For some reason, when I stop watching a show, then hit resume, the show starts all over again. Happenes every time! I'm on L627 (the latest version).

Anyone else have this problem?

For some reason, when I stop watching a show, then hit resume, the show starts all over again. Happenes every time! I'm on L627 (the latest version).

I tested that thoroughly and didn't experience that. It picked up from where I stopped rather than starting over.

Did you hard-boot your receiver?

Resuming a Show

How do you stop watching ? I believe you may need to hit "stop" and get to the program info screen before moving on.

Any other issues with the drive? I could also see a file system corruption causing a problem like this.

The EHD process is not as smart as the DVR. You need to press pause, then stop so that the dvr remembers where you left off when watching a show straight off the EHD. I have noticed that resume on an EHD show picks up from the last place you pressed pause if you go back to replay a show you left earlier.

Maybe you can press stop and it will remember that too but I find it works better with pause and then stop.

I want to know whats the oldest program someone has on their EXT HDD?

Open Range, in 1920x1080i from HDNet Movies, before they downrezzed the channel to 1440. I kept on my IHD for over a year, when I found out that archive capability was coming. It's the first HD movie I ever archived and is on my oldest EHD (which I keep a close eye on, just in case it begins to show any signs of going south on me)...

I'm watching The Birds currently from the first EHD I setup in 2007. I recorded this copy of the movie from the MONSTERS channel, part of the Voom network. I moved it over to EHD in October of 2007 and it's playing fine right now.

I copied an IHD recording to the EHD, dated 05/21/2006 from the Science channel. Next oldest is from Voom Gallery 06/13/2006 with others from 2006 and early 2007. As per my spreadsheet.
-Ken

Mine is "He Touched Me: Elvis" from PBS on 8-15-2007 on one EHD and "Queen and Paul Rodgers" from RAVE on 5-5-06 on the other EHD. Now I am not positive on the latter when it went to the EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)