Shows on EHD are erased after watching! Known problem?

I am still on L625. :(
I have disconnected all my external hard drives and I am not touching them until this bug is fixed.

C'mon, Dish!!! This is an ugly bug and it must be fixed without further delay!

This has got to be the slowest roll-out of a firmware update that I can remember in quite a long time... I agree, it's an ugly, nasty bug and my signature block will remain as-is until L627 shows up...

just checked on my 722 and version L627.... any one have any issues? Is this finally a thing of the past?

The problem is that not enough of us have L627, however the few that have received the new software have reported that the bug seems fixed. How about you trying it with a few throwaway programs and let us know if the bug is fixed!

I finally got the 627 firmware on my VIP622 receiver last night!

Now I can finally watch shows on my EHD again... Wish I still had some MonstersHD shows recorded... Too bad they can't download a firmware for that! :D

To start a disk from scratch, you must either delete all the shows on it or format it with a different OS: Windows, MacOS, or Linux. Then the receiver will treat it a new drive and ask to format it for Dish. This does not assure you that your current bad spot will be ignored. It may be better to just use a new drive and use the current one for computer backup.

I would move the shows one at a time to another external and then "erase" the drive.
-Ken

Ken -

I want to format my external 1T WD my book as you suggested, but when I plugged it in XP did not recognize the drive. Any ideas?

Thanks

How to delete the Linux Partitions

Ken -

I want to format my external 1T WD my book as you suggested, but when I plugged it in XP did not recognize the drive. Any ideas?

The drive is formatted Linux. It will not be seen on the PC desktop. Also, you don't need for format the drive, just delete the Linux partitions.

You need to get to the Disk Manager.

Easiest way is to right-click "My Computer" and select "Manage". The in the Left side of the new window slect "Disk Management".

You'll now see all your drives. Be careful here, if you select the wrong drive...:no.

Look for the drive that's the correct size. Also, you'll see the linux partitons without any assigned letters. A 1T drive will have 3 partitions (~100MB, ~500GB, ~450GB).

Select each partition and hit the "Delete" key (and confirm). Then plug it back into the PVR.

The drive is formatted Linux. It will not be seen on the PC desktop. Also, you don't need for format the drive, just delete the Linux partitions.

You need to get to the Disk Manager.

Easiest way is to right-click "My Computer" and select "Manage". The in the Left side of the new window slect "Disk Management".

You'll now see all your drives. Be careful here, if you select the wrong drive...:no.

Look for the drive that's the correct size. Also, you'll see the linux partitons without any assigned letters. A 1T drive will have 3 partitions (~100MB, ~500GB, ~450GB).

Select each partition and hit the "Delete" key (and confirm). Then plug it back into the PVR.

Thanks Dave

I'll give it a shot

I finally got L627 on my VIP722!!! Funny thing is...ever since I replaced my EHD with a WD Elements drive, I no longer have the delete bug, so I am unable to confirm that L627 fixes the delete bug.

Can someone who has had the delete bug please confirm that the L627 release fixes it? A few have stated that the bug has been fixed, but it would be nice to have some more solid confirmations.

Okay, this is good news!

I received L627 sometime overnight and just finished testing it to death. I beat on this bug for a good half hour on the same episode of Nothing But Trailers out on one of my EHDs.

I started it, stopped it and restarted it 15 times in-a-row (back to the Start/Done menu). It never got deleted. I'll call that fixed.

I started it and fast-forwarded it to the end, where it stopped by itself and went back to Start/Done menu 12 times in-a-row. Never auto-deleted. I'll call that fixed.

I started/randomly fast-forwarded/paused/stopped and then resumed that same program 10 times in-a-row and it never auto-deleted. I'll also call that fixed.

I started that same program, went to the guide and entered a channel and hit select and then went back out to the EHD to see it if it was still there. It was. Repeated that one 10 times. I'll call that fixed.

To sum it up, I tried everything that I could think of that typically caused an auto-delete on the EHD with L625 and with L627 the program stayed stubbornly put. :) I'll call that fixed!

Good job Dish! Thanks for the EHD fix! I received L627 on 04/29/10. So I hope it rolls out to everyone else with a 622 or 722 very soon! It seems very stable!

The EPG banner ad is at the bottom of the guide. It eats some space, which is a little annoying, but not enough to make me angry about it. I noticed the audio seems boosted and even now between commercials and programming. Where's the control for that? I looked all over in the system menu for one and couldn't find anything for it...is it just automatic and there's no on/off for that?

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the EHD fix and will be changing my signature block now. :)

long_time_DNC, Try Menu-6-1-6 (TV enhancements), then disable 'banner in guide'.

This is really good news that the delete bug is finally fixed!!! Thanks Dish!!!

Edit...Dirtydan typed a little faster than me and already answered long_time_DNC's question.

Menu,6-1-6

long_time_DNC, Try Menu-6-1-6 (TV enhancements), then disable 'banner in guide'.

This is really good news that the delete bug is finally fixed!!! Thanks Dish!!!

Edit...Dirtydan typed a little faster than me and already answered long_time_DNC's question.

*bonk*

Thanks guys... I looked there twice today and completely missed it... I feel like an idiot.

Any thoughts on the audio option for the volume level change they made, as to where it's located (if it's an option)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)