Shows on EHD are erased after watching! Known problem?

Thank goodness. I have not dared to watch anything on any of my external HDD's since this bug ate my first recording I finished watching. Now, I can, finally, enjoy the hours of external HDD content without worry.

I suppose a "Thank you Dish Network" is in order. A real thanks to all the good people on this board and thread who helped Dish in becoming aware of and fixing this problem. Thank you.

Thank goodness. I have not dared to watch anything on any of my external HDD's since this bug ate my first recording I finished watching. Now, I can, finally, enjoy the hours of external HDD content without worry.

I suppose a "Thank you Dish Network" is in order. A real thanks to all the good people on this board and thread who helped Dish in becoming aware of and fixing this problem. Thank you.

This.

I finally got the 627 firmware on my VIP622 receiver last night!

Now I can finally watch shows on my EHD again... Wish I still had some MonstersHD shows recorded... Too bad they can't download a firmware for that! :D

Ads in the GUIDE now!

DO NOT WANT!

I'm not sure that's a good trade-off for fixing the EHD bug where shows got erased randomly!

Now I feel like I'm back with Charter cable and their dvr, and that's NOT a good thing...

Ok, I read a few later postings, and I see you can disable this new "feature" through Menu, 6-1-6 disable banner. I'm no longer P'O'ed..

Been reading the good news about the new s/w that ate the bug from 625. Is the roll out for the new version system wide, or has it still not reached the majority of viewers. I am still at the 625 version.

Me too! What defines a small group? Is that anything like dish's statement that the roll out of the new HD's on 72.7 only affected a small group of subs???? I'm in that small group too.

Ross
The group may not be that small. There was a full spool of the update to 622s yesterday. For whatever reason, the 722s have not reached a full spool yet. Here's hoping for next week sometime....

Try "Menu", "6", "7", (Volume Leveling) "Enable" on 722K

On a 622, menu, 6, 7 is "Dolby Digital" and has options for the type of decoding (PCM, etc). That's one of the places I've looked into twice. Thanks though!

Long_time, thanks for all the hard work. You've really done us all a service.

Thanks! Glad to have been of help! I use my EHDs a lot, as I'm sure others here do also. This bug was the most annoying one I've seen in a quite awhile and lost some good programs to it, as did others. I think those of us who have received L627 are breathing a sigh of relief now and are smiling again. Hopefully, the roll-out will be sped-up...

Ok, so I got this new L627 update and it wiped my external drive. Wants it formatted now. Lost all shows and of course when I called dish to find out all the way to advanced tech support they say they've never heard of problems with the external drive and never heard of a firmware update that has crapped out an external drive. F you dish.

Ok, so I got this new L627 update and it wiped my external drive. Wants it formatted now. Lost all shows

I have had dish tell me it doesn't recognize my drives on more than a couple of occasions but usually unplugging and plugging the drive back in fixes it. If you haven't already, you should try that as well as rebooting the DVR.

If that still doesn't work and you feel up to it, you can try to run the recovery process:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...drive-archive-bug-thread-115.html#post1887854

Also, someone pointed this out to me before, but if you turn the drive off and on frequently, you should pull the USB cable first, wait a moment and then turn the power off. I think that may be part of the reason I have had problems. I haven't had any since I started doing that.

One item I left out of my testing of L627 post:

I did a hard-boot (removed power from my 622) for about 30 seconds, several hours before I conducted my tests on one of my EHDs.

I always do a hard-boot on my 622 after getting a new firmware release. Learned that lesson the hard way....

I have had dish tell me it doesn't recognize my drives on more than a couple of occasions but usually unplugging and plugging the drive back in fixes it. If you haven't already, you should try that as well as rebooting the DVR.

If that still doesn't work and you feel up to it, you can try to run the recovery process:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...drive-archive-bug-thread-115.html#post1887854

Here's another Link:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-drive-archive-bug-thread-29.html#post1887854

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)