Shows on EHD are erased after watching! Known problem?

Lost another one today. Watched part of a comedy show off an EHD, then deleted it. Started watching an "I Dream of Jeannie" and stopped, to finish later. Up popped the "resume" etc options listing that deleted comedy show. Sure enough, that Jeannie episode was gone.

My policy is now to restore to the DVR before watching. What a waste of time.

navychop, I know how you feel, I have been avoiding using my EHD lately for fear of erasing programs, and restoring to the internal drive kind of defeats the purpose of having the EHD in the first place!

I was wondering...what receiver and software version do you have. I just got new software on my 722 and I am curious to know if the problem is still there with the new version.

Lost another one today. Watched part of a comedy show off an EHD, then deleted it. Started watching an "I Dream of Jeannie" and stopped, to finish later. Up popped the "resume" etc options listing that deleted comedy show. Sure enough, that Jeannie episode was gone.

I have been trying to recreate this scenario without success. When you got to the "DVR Event info screen" with the deleted show, what selection did you make? I have noticed that when a selection is made, the EHD performs some activity, which I suspect deletes the program. I want to try to disconnect the USB at the "DVR Event info screen" to see if this is a viable workaround. Thanks

This is just idiotic...I find myself reluctant/hesitant to use my EHDs because of this bug. So, what's the point of having the capability if you're afraid to use it?!? This really ticks me off...

Has anyone heard anything promising/useful from tech about this? I sure haven't...

navychop, I know how you feel, I have been avoiding using my EHD lately for fear of erasing programs, and restoring to the internal drive kind of defeats the purpose of having the EHD in the first place!

I was wondering...what receiver and software version do you have. I just got new software on my 722 and I am curious to know if the problem is still there with the new version.

It happened on my upstairs ViP722. I believe it's s/w 625. The downstairs ViP722 is 625. I can't check the upstairs one now because it's recording something.

I have been trying to recreate this scenario without success. When you got to the "DVR Event info screen" with the deleted show, what selection did you make? I have noticed that when a selection is made, the EHD performs some activity, which I suspect deletes the program. I want to try to disconnect the USB at the "DVR Event info screen" to see if this is a viable workaround. Thanks

IIRC, I just pressed stop about half way thru Jeannie and the comedy show info screen showed up, with those options (resume, etc). Never got dumped back to the EHD list. When I went there later to check, that episode of Jeannie was gone.

if the 2 "see" each other with DishComm, you CAN see the version via the test entries on the dishcomm menu (6-1-8, test button).

if the 2 "see" each other with DishComm, you CAN see the version via the test entries on the dishcomm menu (6-1-8, test button).

Thanks. I checked. No dice. The downstairs ViP722 is on a huge APC J15 UPS/filter and I'm sure that screens out DishComm. Upstairs unit is on a simpler UPS. Both are on Ethernet and phone line (for Caller ID).

Well, thus-far, by pressing guide and selecting something from the EPG seems to work fine and I haven't lost anything more so far. So that seems to be a good workaround until Dish fixes this bug.

I reported it to tech via email yesterday as well, so hopefully they're hearing from people and working on a fix to this nasty bug.

Some people have reported that the problem may be fixed in L6.25. That release started rolling out on 2/2 and should now have reached all 622/722's.

Anyone still having the problem with L6.25 please post.

I keep account of all recordings on my 9 drives (> 1500 films and shows) and have not seen this problem, yet. It may be there but (cross fingers) not for me.
-Ken

Some people have reported that the problem may be fixed in L6.25. That release started rolling out on 2/2 and should now have reached all 622/722's.

Anyone still having the problem with L6.25 please post.

L625 is (for me) when the problem began, back in early January. Prior to that, it was working fine and had been working fine since EHD archive capability became available...

L625 is (for me) when the problem began, back in early January. Prior to that, it was working fine and had been working fine since EHD archive capability became available...
L625 only started spooling earlier this month. That's why I asked this question back in post # 42:

L625 was released pretty quickly after L623. Is this issue still happening to anyone with L625??

Maybe a fix is in there....

We just got L625 recently. We had L623 in early January. I havent had this happen yet under L625, but I've been treading very lightly with my EHDs since I started losing stuff. I'm going to try to lose something intentionally this week. I DID notice something interesting on the last movie I lost about two weeks ago...when I pushed 'Stop' on the remote, my 622 displayed a different movie description than the one I was watching (but the description WAS for a recording that was also on my EHD).

I can confirm the issue is still present in L625 on my 722. I lost on of my sons programs yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts